Sleep Train Mattress Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sleep Train Mattress Centers Interview Questions

Interviews at Sleep Train Mattress Centers

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Kent, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Three part interview process, one on the phone, two in person. I had to be rescheduled because they had me come in on a day when no one was there. Really strange, but really easy process once they were there. An employee referred me to apply online after purchasing a mattress from them. They ask a lot of fun questions that gives you a lot of insight into how the company works and how you're supposed to sell.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a Pen when I want a Pencil   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Sacramento, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview where we all sat around a table, were asked questions about why we'd be best suited for the position. Had opportunity to ask questions about position. I was called back for a second one on one interview where I was asked to give a sales pitch on a random item.

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Rocklin, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process requires a phone interview and physical interview. The phone interview will include a recruiter selling the prospect on the company and will require the prospect to discuss her or her sales background. If qualified, a face to face interview will occur.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked to sell a random product.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process was really easy. Essentially all you need to have is pulse and pass the drug screening. There is a lot of turnover so they are constantly looking for people to back fill.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done any drugs?   1 Answer

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Fresno, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

very easy, good questions with good feedback, was hired on the spot during interview, the manager told me he had decided to hire me about halfway through the interview I had no sales experience but was open and honest during the interview and the manager was impressed and very easy to talk to

Assistant Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Portland, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online was called for a phone pre-interview. After answering general questions I was asked to come in for an interview within a couple of days. Went in to interview, was like most interviews, two people asked me a bunch of what-if questions. After receiving my quick and thoughtful answers, they said they would contact me in a couple days to say if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• If your manager was nowhere to be found, what would you do about a certain situation?   1 Answer

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Chico, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a day I got an email back from a talent acquisition specialist and we set up an interview to have with her a few days later. I interviewed with her over the phone for about 30 minutes. She then told me that she thought I was well qualified and scheduled an in person interview with the district manager. Had the in person with district manager for about an hour. He got back to me same day and informed me that I received a job and gave me information I needed for training 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• "I work at an accounting firm and need new pencils for the office. I walk into your pen only store looking for pencils. Sell me a pen."   1 Answer

Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hole in the Wall (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Hole in the Wall (South Africa)) in February 2013.

Interview

Two interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in March 2009.

Interview

Applied online, call from corporate to set up interview since the store managers rarely do the interviews it is usually people from their training department. went to interview and sat down for one on one. I was asked to try to sell them a pencil, as if I were a sales rep and they were looking to buy a pencil.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sleep Trian?   Answer Question
    • Can you please try to sell me this pencil? You pretend you are the Sales Rep and I am the buyer, how would you get me to buy this pencil?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate hourly pay for training until commission kicked in.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in June 2010.

Interview

2 interviews. Situational questions: "what would you do..." or "describe how you handled..."
    Also, you may be asked to sell a pencil, paper clip, or some desk object to the interviewer so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Sell these paper clips to me. Why should I use these instead of a stapler?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.