Sleep Train Mattress Centers Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sleep Train Mattress Centers Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sleep Train Mattress Centers

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

they prefer no experiance so they can retrain you there way. dont go in stuck up thinking you can sell even if you can. go in humble willing to learn,

Interview Questions

• are you willing to commute. (you could be put in a store as far as 50 miles of your home or maybe further)   Answer Question

Negotiation

none, its 12 an hr or comission

Other Interview Reviews for Sleep Train Mattress Centers

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Was asked in to a pretty standard interview set up. I was given a pre-test asking me to rank various attributes by their importance to me. Some basic math questions and short written answers.

Interview Questions

• List 3 qualities I would like in a manager.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

Several step interview process to make sure I was a qualified applicant. It showed me the company cares about who they are hiring.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical interview questions, nothing random or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

Interview

Once I applied online for the position, I was called a few weeks later. A phone interview was conducted, then I was invited for a second interview at the training center for the district. I was asked a few questions, then I was called a few days later and told that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• "How would you sell me this pencil or pen?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Sacramento, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

First you sit down with either the Store Leader, or the Hiring District Managers. Easy open interview, then you are either offered the job or moved to second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

Applied on line and received a call an hour later. The man was very informative of all duties and benefits of job, however position open was local and would have to drive 2 hrs away to have an in person interview. I was quite upset they couldn't send a recruiter to the area they wanted a sales associate and once hired then would be willing to travel the 2 hrs for the 4 week training, so I declined the chance to interview.

Interview Questions

• Having to drive 2 hours away from where job was offered!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

3 Step Interview Process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Kent, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Long, drawn out exhausting experience that seems to never end. Who can make a decision here? They interview from a sheet of canned questions that are often inane and have little real life meaning. How would you change the world. Its a mattress for goodness sake! I left there knowing I did not want to be a part of this company.

Interview Questions

• How do you sell a pencil to someone who only wants a pen? What? How do you pound a circle into a square peg? Do you sell customers what they dont want?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Great

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Leandro, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview, with two 1 on 1o interviews.

Negotiation

there was no negotiation