Sleepy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sleepy's Interview Questions

2.5

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Dartmouth, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sleepy's (North Dartmouth, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied with a recruiter, who did a preliminary phone interview. After the phone interview I set up an interview with the District Manager. The interview with the District Manager lasted about 45 minutes and it felt more like a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sleepy's?   1 Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sleepy's.

Interview

They painted a picture perfect world where you make lots of money. Made it sound like the ideal place to work with friendly family work environment. Benefits package a joke.

Interview Questions

• can you work 5 11hr days with a draw vs commission salary   1 Answer

Did research of company. Many bad reviews by employees and shoppers. Financial status not good for company. Millions in loans from investors provide unstable economic future for sleepys.

Went to work for mattress firm. Better pay, alot less hours, greater commission potential. Company is family friendly vs sleepys that does not care about employee's family lifestyle.

Sleepys Mattress Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sleepy's (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick, painless interview. A recruiter will schedule the interview, place & time to meet a District Sales Manager. A good portion of the DSM's are people will sales and/or management position backgrounds which makes the interview very professional, while also being personable. They have a sheet of questions to ask, and they rate you on your ability to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you built value in something to close a sale   1 Answer

Field Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sleepy's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

it was a preliminary information collector who couldnt verify the location of the position. I wanted to know what state the position was in. The description said "NORTHEAST". It took several minutes to get an answer from an untrained interviewer who was basically typing my answers into a computer.

Interview Questions

• what is your overall experience with facility management?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sleepy's (Hicksville, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The process started with a short interview by HR. Next up, the hiring manager. He probed and asked a lot of relevant questions. He did not rush the interview and it was very conversational. When he walked me out, he promised that HR would follow up. Unfortunately, they must be a classless organization because I never heard from HR. They left me hanging.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sleepy's (Hicksville, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple questions with the HR rep and assistant manager. The hiring process took place over a year ago, so I am not sure if it has changed from than. The two that interviewed me were not over baring or pressured me with overly detailed questions that were monotone.

Interview Questions

• About my work experience and how it related to the position applied for   1 Answer

Mattress Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sleepy's (Providence, RI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview with my manager was very good. I was totally at ease. I was made to feel welcome and at ease. Could not have been better. My manager was fantastic.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Sleepy's?   1 Answer

L&D Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sleepy's.

Interview

The HR rep was very cooperative and available during the interview process but at the end of the second interview, she said she would contact me quickly and I never heard from her again. Three weeks later I got a canned email saying I wasn't selected. I find it very disrespectful and rude to not to call someone to tell them they have not been selected for a position. Especially after investing over 6 hours of my time.

Sales Person Interview

Interview

I was told by the manager of a store that they were looking for people. After the initial interview I was told that my experience (4yrs.) in mattress sales was more than enough to qualify me. Afterwards, I recieved a call 2 months later saying the only thing that they could hire me for was sales assistant. Not sure what happened.

Sleepys Mattress Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sleepy's (Salisbury, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Application is completely online, and once posted a recruiter will contact you if Sleepy's is interested. Then you have your interview with your district's manager. All of the application and recruiting process is done either online or at the corporate level. The district managers in your area won't hear about you till the recruiter tells them. You will have several conversations with your recruiter before you even speak to the District Manager. And you will know within a day or two weather you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with most aspects of running a retail store? Inventory, opening the store, closing the store, making deposits, etcetera.   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with a lot of down time?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to travel?   Answer Question
    • Are you open to learning new things? Products change or are added regularly, are you able to put in the time to learn this new material?   Answer Question