Slice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Slice Interview Questions

Interviews at Slice

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slice in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from hr for a phone screen. While the interview went very well, the interviewer was pretty patronizing but seemed satisfied with my interview. I then received a ridiculous assignment which I had to do which was not at all relevant to my position neither was it in my resume/skillsets (the assignment was related to front end while this was a backend infrastructure position). On telling the hiring manager this, he still insisted I do the assignment. So after spending a couple of days learning these technologies which I mostly wont use in the job, I received a rather rude rejection email as I did not complete some part which was not even mentioned in the description. Terrible experience and an utter waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Slice Response

Jun 20, 2016 – Manager

We are so sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience and felt that communication was impolite. Our apologies! While you may not have seen value in the assignment, part of our hiring criteria is... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slice in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who found my profile on linkedin. After initial chat, he set up a call with the hiring manager. The call went well. I was asked mostly about stuffs in my resume and also a couple of technical questions on list duplicates and their time complexity. Then I was asked to complete a programming assignment and submit the same within a week. The assignment wasn't difficult but needed some thinking to handle concurrency issues. After I submitted, I didn't hear back from them. I emailed them about 4/5 times but to no avail. Not even a rejection email. This shows how unprofessional their whole process is. Please don't waste somebody's time if you are not bothered to even reply to emails.

Interview Questions

Slice Response

Jun 20, 2016 – Manager

Our apologies with regards to your having such a negative time. Recruiting has been a major focus area for us and we have recently expanded our team as well as making major improvements to the... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slice in May 2016.

Interview

Extremely quick interview process, I was very happy with how quickly I would hear back and would move forward in the hiring process. I had one phone call with my hiring manager and then another phone call with the team. The second call was supposed to be a Skype call, but we had technical difficulties that they were happy to work around. Everyone was very friendly and truly seemed interested in what I had to say. The first interview was broad, we went over my resume and we discussed the projects I would be working on to see if it was relevant to my interests/experience. The second interview was technical(about an hour long), where they asked several questions to gauge my knowledge in, DevOps, data structures, etc.

Interview Questions

Slice Response

Jun 29, 2016 – Manager

Thanks so much for providing such detailed feedback!

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slice (San Mateo, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via linkedin. After a brief conversation, I was introduced to and had a call with the hiring manager.

On-site interview was 5-6 one hour meetings with several cross-functional team members with questions varying from specific job requirements to determining culture fit.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for the job and the culture?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Slice (San Mateo, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me about the position. After an initial call with the recruiter, I had a Skype interview with the hiring manager and two other team members. Then, I was flown out to the San Mateo office for in person interviews (one full day). I received an offer within about a week, followed by a reference check. In all, the process was really positive. Things moved along quickly, communication was great, and everyone was so friendly and positive.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were typical, such as walking through my background and experience, asking about working with clients, dealing with issues or problems, and what I would suggest to make the app or products better.   1 Answer

Jun 29, 2016 – Manager

Thanks so much for providing this feedback - shedding light on processes is what will keep us strong!

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slice (San Mateo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process began with a brief interview with the recruiter. I then had a telephone call with the hiring manager and two rounds of in-person interviews. The process was very efficient. Everyone I met had a genuine interest in learning more about me and had prepared thoughtful questions. As much effort was taken to assess whether I was the right cultural fit (values) as there was in evaluating my skills. That spoke volumes.

Interview Questions

• Q. Give an example of how you partnered with the business to overcome a very specific but important challenge. How did you break down the problem, who did you work with, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slice (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and thorough. I applied online and heard back about a week later. I had several interviews via phone, Skype as well as 2 in person.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Slice (San Mateo, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 2 phone rounds, one on site and another phone round. The phone rounds had algorithm ,data structures and API design questions. On site round was a mix of behavioral, design & algorithm questions. The last phone round was again a HR/behavioral type of round.

The interview was pretty smooth and quick. Very flexible with my timing as I had to make time from my existing workplace.

Interview Questions

Slice Response

Aug 9, 2016 – Manager

Though difficult, it sounds like you had a positive interview experience which is right on target for what we hope to achieve! Thanks for writing in.

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slice in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was over the phone.
    The first interview was a really brief one where the HR asked me general and resume-based questions over the phone. The call lasted for 15 minutes at the end of which I received an email for an interview with the Hiring Manager on the same day over the phone.

Interview Questions

• The interview with the Hiring Manager lasted 45 minutes. The questions asked were -
      1. Why do you want to work in this particular role?
      2. What do you know about slice? Do you have an account?
      3. What changes should be made in the application?
      4. A few questions about data analysis - How will you figure out the number of users that do not want this feature?
      5. Why are you a fit for this position?
      6. He asked me my level of expertise on the technologies required for the role.   1 Answer

Jun 20, 2016 – Manager

Thanks for applying and sharing your experience. Good luck with your search!

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slice (San Mateo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Since I interviewed for an intern position, I had several rounds of phone interviews and a skype interview. I talked to the whole product team during the course of my interview process and it gave a really great sense of what I can expect once I become a part of the team. The first phone interview round involved talking to the head of Product. They walked through my resume and asked questions around my background along with some product-centric questions testing my product sense. Next rounds involved talking to different PMs on the team. They asked similar questions testing my knowledge on the product and how I would go about making decisions in different scenarios. Finally, there was a SQL test I was asked to take over Skype just to test my skills (which makes sense because we are building data-based products). But, all along, I was given ample opportunity to learn about the company and to get a very clear idea about how I would fit into the broader scheme of things which allowed to hit the ground running once I joined.

Interview Questions

• Q: Let's say you'are one of the e-Commerce companies operating in a state where the government recently introduced a new sales tax on all things sold online, what are different strategies you might consider to tackle this situation while making sure you cause minimum impact to your bottomline?   Answer Question