Smart City Locating Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smart City Locating Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Smart City Locating

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Super quick and easy, had a super fun and casual conversation with our CEO. She explained the job requirements and we talked about the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Smart City Locating

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. Think the exact opposite of a stuffy corporate job. We mostly talked about what I'm like in my every day life and had a casual conversation. After about 15 minutes, I was told that I was hired! Best interview ever.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

They posted on social media that they were hiring for Agents and you had to submit an email stating why you should work for Smart City. They brought me in and I chatted with Cassie for about 10 minutes about life and what I like to do in my free time. A ton of the Agents were in the office as I was leaving and all very friendly and inviting.

Interview Questions

• The questions aren't your typical "Tell me about a time when..." They just want to know who you are and what you would bring to the team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

When I went in to interview for this role, I didn't know much about the job, all I knew is that I'd always been told that I was "a good people person" and "I'd be so good in a sales position". I also had gone through and apartment locator service a few years earlier and the thought of doing that myself had always been dancing around in the back of my mind. When I arrived, I was immediately introduced to everyone in the office, who were all very nice, then taken into a meeting room with, who I found out later was the CEO of the company. Within just few minutes of speaking with her, I knew I'd be happy to work for her. She threw around a few 4 letter words, which made me really comfortable talking to her, and then explained the ins and outs of the apartment locating business. She then let me know that upon getting my real estate license, she'd be happy to have me come work for her. I accepted and have been here since June and I don't expect I'll be leaving any time soon.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smart City Locating.

Interview

Month long, semi-arduous process. Had to submit SIX videos, plus cover letter, resume, etc., etc. Invited in for first interview - received EXCELLENT feedback. Felt very comfortable and candid during interview process. Was very excited.
    Invited in for second interview a few weeks later, complete opposite experience. Was told in the email from HR verbatim, "don't worry, it will still be totally chill". Absolutely nothing chill about it. This would be my one complaint, an inaccurate description about hat to expect - I feel it almost sets the interviewee up for failure. Questions were hard and typical corporate interview type, even though I was beyond prepared and had done extensive research. Did not feel relaxed with interviewer. Very confusing as this is the exact opposite of what they claim to be.

Found out a week later they were not going to move forward. SUPER bummed as I truly think I would have been a great fit for this company and I was really excited at the prospect of working there. So it goes.... Good luck !