Smart Meetings Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smart Meetings Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Smart Meetings

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Sausalito, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

I was emailed by the CEO to set up an interview with her. I got a response back from President Luc Troussieux. He called for an initial first phone interview which was extremely awkward. He questioned my background and why I thought I would be a good candidate, I felt like I was on trial and had to defend myself. Once I got there he put me in a room and left me there to fill out a personality test. He was extremely rude, dismissive, and was obviously using me to sell his product. He asked me strange questions, dismissed my answers, even laughed at me for one of my answers. At the end of our interview, he gave me a handful of magazines and several business cards, telling me to share them with my "impressive" Linkedin followers.

Interview Questions

• He went on and on about how amazing the CEO is and how she walks on water. He then proceeded to ask "Would you be willing to work in an environment similar to "The Devil Wear Prada"? "
    Yes he seriously asked this...   1 Answer
  • How is your previous job experience relateable to our needs?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Smart Meetings

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smart Meetings in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email requesting a phone interview. We scheduled an interview for Friday afternoon. Thirty minutes after my interview time, I still hadn't received a call. I sent an email to Luc following up about our scheduled call. He told me his previous call ran over and wanted to reschedule. We rescheduled for Monday. Again, I didn't receive a call. I sent another email to follow up and Luc said, "why didn't you initiate the call"? NEVER in my career and/or job hunt (over 15 years) have I ever been asked to call an interviewer especially when I wasn't asked to. After replying to his email, letting him know he didn't ask me to contact him, that he would be contacting me...I haven't heard a thing back from him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was horrified to read other people's feedback but unfortunately all of this is true.

I first had a phone interview that was super quick and a bit awkward, Interviewer didn't ask much questions, didn't seem very interested with my answers. Then went in for an in person interview. I arrived a bit early and as I was standing behind the door I could hear a lady yelling at her employees. I then entered the office trying to not let that intimidate me but I have to say it really didn't give a good impression nor seems professional. The dog does lick you forever while you are waiting and it doesn't seem to bother anyone.

Interview was ok but same, interviewer didn't seem energetic or motivated. I was shocked to hear they are offering 50k for an Executive Assistant position (average is about 80-90k in the bay area).

Finally I NEVER got any follow up.

Definitely not a good impression.

Interview Questions

Smart Meetings Response

Nov 16, 2015 – CEO

We are sorry you received no follow up. It sounds like you are very upset by this and that is never our intention. Our salaries are based on experience. We wish you all the best in your career... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saucelito, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Saucelito, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, after applying for the executive assistant position. The interviewer instead mentioned multiple sales positions they have open, which I did not apply for. He even mocked my experience by stating I wasn't qualified for the EA position in which I originally applied for. Seems like they need to pay more attention because if I had applied for the sales positions he referred to I would have gone about the interview in a completely different way. And not to mention I am completely OVER qualified for the EA position.

Interview Questions

Smart Meetings Response

Feb 9, 2016 – President

After applying for an EA position, we discussed a position in our events department. She had event experience and no EA experience. We certainly want to talk to people and see if they are a fit, in... More