Smart Meetings Regional Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smart Meetings Regional Sales Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The l process was very informal. They talked a lot about the company and how great Marin is. They also showed me around the office and made me an espresso. The asked me questions about my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations on salary. Take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Smart Meetings

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Sausalito, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviews process was good ... consisting of three interviews with different team members and a good practice of challenging your experience to prove your value.

Negotiation

Typical we offer this, I want this, settle in middle

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Sausalito, CA).

Interview

Phone screening. Psychological profile (that is easy to trick). In person interview. Husband and wife ownership try to play off each other (good cop/bad cop) but they are not very effective. They will parade you around the office and other staff looks at you like you are meat. Annoying dog will lick your shoes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Sausalito, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Met with advertising manager, publisher and "CFO" (publisher's husband).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate anything. Don't work here unless you have a tolerance for insults, demoralization, lame office with barking dogs that come to work with the publisher and CFO, long days 12-26 hours) of travelling by plane and car with little or no return, unrealistic meal expenses, and no growth or advancement potential. There is no plan in place as to what is being done to market the product, which is primarily a slick-looking monthly magazine for the meeting planning community. Advertising from hotels, convention bureaus, casinos with hotels and meeting rooms. The sales staff is back-biting and underhanded. the company plays a shell game with sales by changing budgets and goals and keeping you on the road so no goals are met and commissions stay lower than the potential you're told you can make. Run away as fast as you can from the idea of working at this sweat shop.