SmartBox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at SmartBox

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SmartBox (Louisville, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was organized, personal, and detailed, and the interviewers were well prepared. It was obvious that they wanted to find not only a good fit for the position but also for the company. The interview was more than an hour long.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a qualified candidate for this job? Why did you apply?   1 Answer

Video Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SmartBox (New Albany, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very long and there were a lot of questions. Most of the questions were related to the job itself. Towards the end of the interview process the hiring manager made it clear that he wanted to look for the right candidate by making the interview uncomfortable and difficult. It's a very odd mentality for any kind of job interview. There was also an editing test. When I left the interview I was confused but hopeful and had an optimistic view of the company and it's goals.

After weeks of following up with them I was offered a freelance position to start out. I accepted the offer but I have yet to work with them because they don't seem to be able to reply to phone calls or emails.

I would suggest that the hiring manager be clear and tell someone "no" or "yes". If it's a "no" explain why that is the decision (salary, skills, internal problems, ect.). Too much time is wasted on not making decisions and to be a professional company requires a professional attitude. There is no sense in ignoring basic responsibilities which can be easily solved.

Interview Questions

SmartBox Response

Jun 9, 2017

SmartBox is a very selective company looking for a specific type of entrepreneurial employee. Our company is not for everyone, as we look for both outstanding skills and cultural fit.
    Our interview... More

Senior Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SmartBox (New Albany, IN).

Interview

Great first round phone interview with VP. Poor second round interview onsite with panel of VPs. Unimpressed with lack of professionalism, especially with Senior Management at this level. Was asked in first round if had a problem reporting to a VP who knew less about Project Management, first red flag. Asked same question again by actual VP in second onsite, second red flag. Followed up by comment that didn't want employee questioning why at VP level not knowing Project Management methodology. Was shocked. Dodged a bullet here, nothing worse than reporting to a VP who has a chip on shoulder due to heightened business discipline insecurity with subordinate. Surprised at business model and current use of Project Management method within. Definitely not a fit and would reject offer. While initially excited about opportunity and company, unfortunately left unimpressed.

Interview Questions

• Would it bother you reporting to a VP who knew little or nothing about Project Management?   Answer Question

SmartBox Response

Jan 10, 2018 – CEO

SmartBox isn't for everyone. We operate with a level of transparency that most companies don't offer and an expectation of maturity and professionalism that most candidates don't have. We acknowledge... More