SmartPlay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SmartPlay (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screening and then face to face then client side interview.Nobody was present to take my interview. It was rude and the guy who took my interview asked me a technical question for which he said I gave the wrong answer and in turn he gave me the wrong answer.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SmartPlay (Austin, TX).

Interview

Just technical interviews.

ASIC Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SmartPlay (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First it was telephonic call and then they called for one-on-one interview at their site office. Whole interview process took around 3-4 days after telephonic screening. After the phone screening process, i got a call for one-on-one interview after 4 days and asked to come on site. Interview went for four rounds and it was good . It took around 2 weeks to get the result and liked the process for intimating about the result.

Interview Questions

• Mostly there were questions regarding physical design flow, STA related basic questions like calculate setup,hold times. Also about low power implementation methods and cross talk fixes.   1 Answer

Physical Design Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SmartPlay.

Interview

Written test followed by two rounds of interviews. Written test is of 2 hr. Each round of interviews is about 45 min

Written test
    1) 9=4 21=9 22=9 24=10

2) 12,6,6,9,18,45 ? Good question search it in net you will get it

3) no of triangles in a fig

4) f21 s22 t23 t25 s27 m31 ?

Interview Questions

• 9) Delay as the PVT changes graphs

10) Short channel effects

11) About LVT and HVT

12) Cross talks with

13) Inverter region of operations    Answer Question
    • Leakage power equation

2) Setup and hold about the max and min path

3)capacitor is attached with some voltage (5v) and turn on the bjt steady starte voltage across the capacitor

4)Given some layout and asked for its operations like decoder    Answer Question
    • cmos,fpga ,Asic flow and physical design   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Interview

I had given interview for STA/Synthesis engineer
    I had 3 rounds of interviews. 1 round was quite tough. Overall interview process was average.....................................................................................................

thanks

thats all i have to say.
    Its already 50 words

VLSI Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SmartPlay (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

I got call for first round that was written test comprising of few aptitude and more analog design, digital design and PD.
    In next week I got a call from HR about interview schedule as I was shortlisted for it. There were 3 interviews 2 of them were purely technical and the last one was managerial.
    The process is still going on and I am waiting for the final call regarding the decision. In all the process was good and I am hopping for the best.

Interview Questions

• They asked me basics of analog and digital design. Other topics were PD and some questions based on EDA tool particularly which I had mentioned in my CV.   Answer Question

ASIC Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

Interview

it was easy. basics cmos, STA and digital circuits, one or two aptitude questions also. my first interview was technical round and my second interview was managerial round. my first interview was almost for one hour and they asked all basics in cmos ,STA and digital circuits. my second interview was managerial round, here also they are asking one or two basic questions in cmos, STA and digital and one simple aptitude quetion.

Interview Questions

• nmos operation, maximum clock frequency calculation in STA.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SmartPlay (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was telephonics,Technical questions went well,at last interview asked about joining date and salary.
    Actually Interviewer himself donno on what note he should end the interview if he is selecting the candidate or not selecting the candidate.

Android Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SmartPlay (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

They have taken almost 4 days to complete the interview process.It contains 2 technical face to face, 1 manager round which is telephonic and one HR round. Each face to face discussion has taken 1.30 hr mainly focusing on Java basics like OOPS concepts, Design patterns and some Android real time experiences.
    After completing all the interviews they sent a mail saying that i have shortlisted for the interview, but till now i don't got any offer letter from them. From the past 2 months when i ask about the offer letter they asking me to wait for 1 week but till now i didn't got any offer..

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SmartPlay (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Written test followed by 2 technical rounds and 1 HR round.
    1. Written test includes 10 small C programs, 10 aptitude objective questions, 10 C objective questions.
    2. First technical round mainly on C and C data structures.
    3. Second technical round was mainly concentrating on my academic project and some programs on C language.