SmartRecruiters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SmartRecruiters Interview Questions

Interviews at SmartRecruiters

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

2 Phone interviews and one onsite. It was a simple interview process and they move quickly if they like you. You will interview with CSO and the SDR manager. Lots of turn over, be ware.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

1. Initial Phone Screen
    2. On-Site Interview (4 people)
    3. Reference Checks, Follow ups to be transparent about the process

- The initial phone call with Head of TA (15 minutes) consisted of initial questions about my experience, career goal and knowledge of SmartRecruiters. It's important to prepare set of questions to have a two-way conversation.
    - 3 interviews with Sales folks, very informal, delved deeper about my background, reason for wanting to go into sales and specifically SmartRecruiters. Last interview was with the VP of Sales, very casual one walking around the block.
    - Very fast reference checks and transparency with the follow up process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call with Director of Inside Sales, then on-site with COO and an AE. Then, they were supposed to set up a call with the newly hired Chief Sales Officer but that didn't happen.

Director of Lead Generation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiter screening via phone and then onto an in person meeting of recruiter.

The recruiter showed up late to the interview and his attire was highly disheveled. He said he was the former COO of the company and is now an investor. He wore a collared shirt that was untucked and his jeans looked old. That was the good part of the interview and it went downhill from there.

The interview consisted of a series of questions about marketing offers and response rates NOT the skills of a professional. I was advised by the recruiter that there was a shoestring budget of $10k to $20K a month. When asked if it was $10 or $20K his eyes glazed over and he informed me that its more like $10K but that this hire would be required to create a working budget. Why would a company hire an employee for $140K to $160K a year to manage a small budget of $120K?

The kicker came when he asked if I knew how to create a landing page. With 10+ years of experience in marketing such a question is ridiculous. Thats when I politely told him that this is not a fit and I ended the interview. Clearly not an interview or a real job and the recruiter was only trying to collect information on a competitors marketing efforts.

Where do I send the invoice for my time? Clearly a waste of time and energy.

Manager, Help & Education Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great. I found the position on Linkedin, applied and within a week received an email from the hiring manager. From there I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then came in for an onsite, and finished off with a final onsite to meet the COO & President. Everyone I met in the interview process was really great, they covered all my concerns, and gave me a clear picture of what it would be like to work on the team.

Interview Questions

• There weren't necessarily any difficult or unexpected questions. Everything was pretty straight forward and it flowed more like a real conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We negotiated everything during my last onsite interview, so once I made sure that it was everything we discussed I was able to accept within the same hour I received it.

Middle Market Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

My favorite interview I have done. Everyone is extremely transparent about the challenges ahead, but very encouraged by responses. I had the chance to sit down with the Sr Director of Sales, Chief Sales Officer and Chief Operating Officer all in the same day.

Since I met with the CSO on the last discussion (and I felt things had gone well) - I just asked him for the offer letter. He responded, "You want an offer? I'll get the contract - let's get started." He ended up being one of the best bosses I've ever had for a number of reasons. Mostly b/c he's trustworthy and wants the same things that his reps want. I would work for him at any company.

Interview Questions

• Where are you in you career right now, and where do you want to be in 2 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was non existent. They made an offer, I was comfortable with it - and signed it.

Manager Product Documentation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was about 30-minutes asking general questions. The next step was a 30-minute test with two sections. One was on simple math and percentages; the other was about personality. The interviewer was a recruiter. He did not know much about the position. He was able to tell me that the position would not be filled until they found the perfect person.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters.

Interview

It was a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes, then it moved onto a second round phone interview. The last one was an on-site interview where you meet with the team that takes about 2 hours.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2018.

Interview

Many interviews on Skype and in person (5 people in total) and had to do different tests online. I had the feeling they didn't know what exactly they were looking for. Each person I spoke to had a different approach to the position which was confusing