Smarter Toddler Teacher Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smarter Toddler

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smarter Toddler (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I probably wouldn't want to know more or even work for such a company.
My impression on the school was poor. Upon arriving I was greeted and everyone seemed nice, but a few things caught my eye, one which I will sum up later. During my interview I was happy to hear about their mission, and well as a potential candidate I expressed my sincere love, interest, and academic background within the field of Education with them. One thing that I was taken a-back by was the fact the interviewer stated the school consisted of children that had parents in the professional world; I think that's pretty darn obvious considering the area and school's appearance. That begin said I was immensely surprised when she was trying to negotiate my salary and go as far as to tell me I should negotiate my salary down the line. Firstly I am currently in the process of being interviewed in four other positions, I am also not a H.S graduate, but a college graduate in the process of enrolling in a Masters program which saids quite a bit, not to add I have experience to account for. Lastly I was having a chat with a staff member from another potential opportunity that asked what salary I wanted. I mean c'mon, if you so-called cater to professionals wouldn't you naturally have the funds. Regarding that first part, well it all came together after the interview, when I had observed the staff and well the way they carried themselves and other aspects as well. It helped me to better see why she so desperately wanted to pay me poorly, and assumed I was a easy target to bamboozle. Oh and let's not forget how she then instructed me to join the team for September since I was looking for a part-time position and they strictly wanted full-time (outrageous hours) if I may say so. Waste of my time!

Interview Questions

• Too many unnecessary questions, ones which were/are mentioned in the above review.   2 Answers