Smartsheet Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Smartsheet Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Smartsheet

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was standard but challenging . The initial conversation with a member of their Recruiting team progressed to the Hiring Manager interview. From there if you impress, you are asked to solve a business problem via an exercise that presents an innovation efficiency exercise back to the team via a separate meeting. If all goes well there, you move to the final onsite loop which consists of 5-7 additional interviews.

All of the interviewers were engaged and pleasant throughout the process. Where Smartsheet disappoints is failing to close the loop and provide notification of the hiring outcome. While it's not uncommon for companies to lack communication, Smartsheet has a particular communication breakdown in that they are completely unresponsive even after several attempts at following up. Additionally, even in light of extreme circumstance (extenuating circumstances traveling to the Bellevue WA office at the candidate's expense), there is an inherent lack of communication in updating outcome status.

Extremely disappointing for a company with a seemingly good reputation in the SaaS space and a product that I love to use.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put together an innovation exercise based on a problem statement and present that back to the panel? It requires knowledge of innovation and use of their proprietary software. Time to complete is up to the candidate but it is encouraged to complete as soon as possible.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Smartsheet

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smartsheet in March 2016.

Interview

I was not interviewed because I did not fit the model employee even though I was overqualified. They are an old boys club that like to fit a particular type of person to convey and image. Little diversity in this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application through a recruiting company and then had an initial phone screen with recruiter. The phone screen was very casual and more just getting a feel for personality. After that I was invited to an evening event at Smartsheet from 5:30 - 8:30 where they served dinner and gave you a chance to mingle with the existing CSM's. Everyone at the event was called into a room at some point during the evening to present a sheet that you had created to a group of 3-4 people from the company. You were given about a week to prepare the presentation. A lot of prep went into getting the sheet ready, but the night itself was pretty casual, albeit exhausting. After that, I was invited to a formal interview at the offices the following week, where I met with 4 different people over the course of 2 hours. These interviews were also pretty conversational, except for a whiteboarding prompt and mini real-time quiz within the program. Overall, it was a challenging, but do-able experience. I would definitely make sure you have ample time to prep for the interviews, and that you take advantage of late work nights.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a Smartsheet and asked me how I would recommend reformatting it to the customer so it made more sense.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smartsheet in December 2016.

Interview

Went as far as the phone screen with the recruiter. Applied online, coordinated time to chat for 30 min over the phone. Recruiter said they'd get back to me with next steps, never heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Knowing that my very diverse resume wouldn't make it past the Recruiting filters, I IN-mailed the CEO. He actually responded the next day! Said to apply and I would "Get a look" 2 phone interviews with recruiters. 3rd interview was with the hiring director within the Bellevue office. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly. The in-person interview started with the statement.."We are extremely selective within this process"

Interview Questions

• How familiar I was with Smartsheet?   2 Answers
    • Asked to present on a whiteboard how I would display a Smartsheet project. This was where I failed :(
      I wasn't expecting this! Besides the fact that I stink on the whiteboard, I made it more complicated than it needed to be. If I would have kept is simple and clean, I might have had a chance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed first with a recruiter, which was fantastic. He was incredibly responsive and transparent through the whole process. Next came a meeting with the hiring manager, a solution-build and demo interview with a panel, then an in-person interview with several members of the department.

Everything happened extremely fast which made the several interview rounds not opnly bearable but exciting. I liked being in the office for the in-person interview and seeing how the team interacted with one another. You could really tell that the whole Customer Success Team respects one another and works as a team in their work.

Interview Questions

• A customer had this problem "..." Here is a marker, now draw out how you would solve this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an invitation for a screen interview 3 days later. It was a very bizarre conversation. HR person: so, what are your duties right now at XYZ company. Me: I am unemployed, I took a break to take care of my newborn and now I am ready to go back to work. HR: hm, I did not pay attention to the dates, sorry. We will call you back.
    And then a day later I received an email stating that they moved on with a different candidate.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet in June 2018.

Interview

I was referred in by a friend who had interviewed at Smartsheet. I spoke to an internal recruiter first. Second interview was a video meeting with the hiring manager and then they had me out together a solution in Smartsheet based on a customer scenario. Last round was a series of interviews in the Bellevue HQ with one interview being a mini whiteboard session on how I would create a solution for a customer. The process was very thorough and everyone was in constant communication the whole time. It was a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• How would you solve this problem for a customer? How do you manager your time? How would you prioritize your book of business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Seattle, WA) in October 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen, video chat with hiring manager, 30-minute presentation via web for CSM team. For the 30 minute presentation, I was given a vague prompt to solve a business problem for a fictional current client pretending I was already in the role. It was difficult as I had never used the Smartsheet solution and felt as though the technical skill was heavily weighted. Instant negative and positive feedback was given immediately by the team (appx. 7 people) which was very unexpected. The presentation took a huge amount of time. A good learning experience but found it difficult to impress the team and answer the technical questions as I had only been self-taught. The recruitment process was great but I waited over a week to hear back after the presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview with Recruiter followed by phone interview with management. Next step was on online presentation. After the presentation they invite you to join them at their corporate office for 3 one hour interviews. Their main focus seems to be finding candidates with current experience with their program. This showed lack of interest in finding good candidates who are capable and willing to learn. After the final in person interview several follow up attempts were made with no response. A company unwilling to respond to a candidate who spent 2 months interviewing created concern regarding how they would treat you as an employee.