Smith International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smith International

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Smith International (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

A 45 minute interview with 5 different Managers lasting technical, mostly STAR type interviews evaluating your ability to tackle design problems. Hiring Manager Allen was very sharp and the Director of Engineering was quite Knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate an example from your last job to prove a problem solving skill that you have?   Answer Question
    • Some fundamental questions in Engineering like material properties and selection, manufacturing types etc;   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smith International (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy questions, people very friendly and helpful. Interview was relaxed and in a non-stressful office. Entire staff very friendly and warming. Office was clean and a great place to work. Talked in length about salary which was great. Great benefits.

Interview Questions

• List five of your strengths. How do you interact with staff. Explain your duties at you last job. Explain your responsible s in full at last position. Are you excellent at excel spreadsheets.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smith International (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

first interview was general stuff. 2nd one was technical.

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable. they failed to address other stuff that they promised to do.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smith International (Houston, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Influencing skills were tested