Smith & Nephew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (Memphis, TN) in July 2008.

Interview

I worked through a recruiter since HR doesn't do as much with resumes received straight from the website. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. This interview lasted roughly 45 minutes. I explained my experience and education level. It was also an opportunity to ask questions about the company and department.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   5 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary. This company lowballs everyone. Don't take the lower amount. They also do negotiate vacation time but don't tell anyone.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (New York, NY).

Interview

I emailed a friend who was in upper management in the company and he got my resume to the right person who asked for a phone interview in the next week. One week after the interview, I got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They really only asked me to explain my resume to them.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview is typically done by two levels of management and a potential peer. The candidate will be asked technical questions related to the position. HR will sometimes interview the candidate.

Interview Questions

• The interviews are typically structured around situational experiences. The candidate will need to demonstrate how they would react or approach solving.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You might be able to negotiate a sign-on bonus and additional weeks of vacation. They allowed telecommuting for some, but when I left, they mostly stopped allowing remote work.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I interviewed with one of the managers who's in charge of the logistics.The manager asked me if I can use Excel and let me score my skills in Excel, ERP.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that I make financial impact on others   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew.

Interview

Basically Overview resume, see if you understand some of the technical details behind the position; 1st interview is with a technical member of the company, following interviews are with engineers within the specific group you would be working with

Interview Questions

• List some things to consider when designing a new ablation device.   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (Andover, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Behavioural based interview. "Tell me a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your integrity was challenged. What was the situation? What action did you take? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (Memphis, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

Met with four people, excluding the two on the phone interview. Everyone was nice and polite and gave me a lot of information about the company.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (Andover, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

too slow; talked to a lot of people; had to drive to Andover and meet more of the team; sometimes it's difficult to understand the process and come out ahead of other candidates

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

HR a bit challenged and fragmented - develop a champion

not ideal

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was 2 months long, in general very smooth and constant communication, there were in total 5 interviews as the position is regional and required several persons involved, very open to questions and showed good disposition throughout the process