SmithBucklin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SmithBucklin Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.9

Associate Interview

Interview

Good and fair. Very clear on job roles and how to effectively contribute to them. Multitude of interviews, as I had 3 and never had that many before. Very professional

Interview Questions

• What can you do for the company?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SmithBucklin (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for an Associate's position with SmithBucklins' subsidiary, Tech Image. I received a phone interview request more than a month after submitting an online application. The phone interview was smooth, no curve balls or tricky questions, it was a pretty straight forward phone screen, pretty conversational, mostly about my background. The HR representative was nice, she was able to answer all of the questions I had about SmithBucklin and the position. Shortly after the phone interview, I was asked to come in for an in person interview with some of the Tech Image team. Four, one on one interviews took about two hours, they were all open about the work they do, who their clients are and what not. Again, nothing too tricky, no curve ball questions.

Unfortunately, they let me know that they would be moving on with another candidate. However, during the entire process, every one I spoke with was extremely professional and polite.

Membership Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmithBucklin (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter from HQ, which went very well. The recruiter was very nice and personable, which I appreciated. They called me for a 2nd round interview for the position which was located in DC. The interview itself was 3 rounds of 1-on-1 interviews, so 3 people total. Pretty laid back, very conversational. As many jobs do, a lot of time was spent just discusses the expectations of the position, and seeing how I responded.

I was not offered the position, which in and of itself isn't the end of the world, but the reasoning was strange. The recruiter from HQ called and left a message stating that the those who interviewed me really felt I had a future in Poli/Sci (my major), but suggested I "keep in touch if I changed my mind." This obviously didn't make sense since I wasn't pursuing a career in Poli/Sci, wasn't qualified, and had clearly stated my interest in this opportunity. I emailed and called both the recruiter and the DC office asking for a simple follow-up/some sort of feedback, and nothing was returned. So much for "keeping in touch."

Interview Questions

• -Name a situation where you had to settle a conflict
      -What was your favorite part about X, Y, and Z jobs on your resume
      Answer Question

Membership Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SmithBucklin in July 2016.

Interview

Because of a connection I was able to get a phone interview within a few days of my application submission. For the phone interview the questions were short and to the point and the interviewer was very helpful when I had questions. For the position I was applying for I would have emphasized more of my writing skills and my strong desire to work on a Team. Additionally I would inquire more about work life balance.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with fast paced and heavy workloads   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SmithBucklin (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Standard phone screening followed by a long gap between the actual interview.

Interview was comically over the top, with about 4 employees asking questions...keep in mind this was for an entry level position that pays around $35,000. Overall no real substantive questions, just basic situation-based stuff.

A tedious, drawn-out process, but the office is nice at least. Ended up getting a job that pays more, with a much quicker hiring process.

PS There are very few males in the marketing department - and even fewer minority males. So much for diversity.

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Had a great call with HR. The woman was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all of my questions as well as explain the opportunity well. This wasn't the right opportunity, but we were able to discuss what would be.

Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SmithBucklin.

Interview

Participated in a phone screening by a "Talent Acquisitions" person. Couldn't really tell what was going on on her end, whether she was distracted, or just going through the motions to interview me, but whenever I asked a question, it took like 20 seconds of silence before she responded. She was very disengaged from the whole process which to me is very unprofessional. Needless to say, never heard from the company again.

Interview Questions

• How many projects have you worked on at the same time?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Had a great interview with a senior HR person over the phone. She was knowledgeable, asked great questions and gave me a ton of information on the company, role, team and culture. She was very passionate about the company, I could feel her passion over the phone. In addition, I felt she really dug deep into my background, experiences and what I would be looking for in a full time role. So often it is only about what the company needs. All in all great experience!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you've had to work on multiple times sensitive projects? Were you successful? If not what did you learn or what would you do differently next time?   Answer Question

Communities & Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmithBucklin (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. Not a high pressure process and they were flexible with interview dates and times. The interview process was very personalized and they seem to really care about how well you fit with their company and culture. Very deliberate about insuring you can provide value to their company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond in your current position.   Answer Question

Membership Administration Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmithBucklin (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called to set up a phone interview for the job after applying 2 to 3 weeks earlier. I was called for the phone interview and the questions were straight forward and mainly about things on my resume. I must say that I bombed it - easily my worst interview and speaking display on record. I have tremendous respect for the company because I was NOT asked to come in for an in-person interview. If I was the interviewer on the other end of the phone then I would have done the same thing, so I honestly think they got it right based on my phone interview. This is one that I would like to have back. Both recruiters were polite and well prepared.

Interview Questions

• How do you use your database at your current job?   1 Answer