SmithGroup Entry Level Interior Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SmithGroup

1 Interview Review

Entry Level Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Dallas, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online at the end of June and got an email at the end of July asking to schedule a phone interview. I live in a different state from the office. The HR person asked if I could schedule a time that day or the next. In the end, I had the phone interview the next day after the email.

The phone interview was scheduled for 10 am, but I got the call an hour later. She asked if it was still a good time for me, I told her yes, and we continued the interview by going through the basic questions. While I was answering questions, the HR person was typing my responses. The interview was about 20 minutes long. I asked about the next steps after and she responded I'll get an email by the end of the week informing me of their decision to continue to an in-person interview. I got the email within the week telling me that they decided to pursue another candidate for the position.

Overall, it was a positive experience. The HR person was friendly during the interview and responded to my emails quickly.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your favorite project from your portfolio.   Answer Question
  • What programs are you proficient in?   Answer Question
  • If you ever worked on a project in collaboration with Architecture, how did you handle problems during the project?   Answer Question