SmithGroup Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SmithGroup Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at SmithGroup

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. Nice and welcoming people who didn't make me feel intimidated. One thing that could've been done better was including information on parking. I had never been to Detroit before and couldn't find decent information on parking. After waiting in the reception area, I was brought to a small conference room and the interview was conducted with a principal and associate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SmithGroup

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was pretty chill, two principles listened to me introduced my portfolio, asked me questions and gave me some advice. They also asked me what I did in the previous internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Vey smooth and informal. Everyone was extra respectful and very friendly. I still have not heard back from them and it has been a week. I really liked everyone there and I hope I will get an offer soon. They hire a lot of interns from my university.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Washington, DC).

Interview

SmithGroupJJR selected a number of different candidates at our university. They seemed to choose people with heavy Revit and construction document experience. I only had one interview with them; I was not selected for a second interview. The interviewer was very engaging, friendly, and talkative. The interview was very much a conversation. He responded to my later questions through email and generously followed up with me in a couple months.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Madison, WI) in February 2019.

Interview

The process was very simple and pleasant. It was a video conference style interview where I was sent a link from HR. I interviewed with two architects for 30 min who were very nice! The questions were not difficult (no trick questions) and it seemed like they genuinely wanted to get to know about you and your design process. Then, I heard back about two weeks later and did not get an offer due to not having the capacity to hire another intern. Then, about a month later they reached out to me and offered me an interior design internship for the summer!

Interview Questions

• How did you come up with the concept to you design? (we went over 1 of my projects)   Answer Question