SmithGroup Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SmithGroup

2.5

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Detroit, MI) in February 2009.

Interview

I emailed them my resume about any opportunities even though it wasn't listed on their website. A few months later I get an email about bringing me in for a interview with the director of ME. The interviewing was short and general (simply a behavioral). The rest of the idea was spent touring the office and meeting other employees. There was a short (10 min) meeting with HR at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SmithGroup

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a 45 minute interview. They asked standard questions and went over my resume point for point. Then there was a quick tour followed by introductions to various employees. I knew in my gut that I had the job by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would deal with ethical dilemmas, rushing out projects that haven't been properly reviewed. They just wanted to see if I had common sense really.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to come for an in-person interview. I only had 1 interview but I was not qualified enough for the position. I had given my resume to a representative a year earlier at a career fair but they did not have any available positions then. The following year they asked me to apply when a position opened.