SmithGroupJJR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SmithGroupJJR Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2018

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR.

Interview

It was a 40 minute-ish interview. There are 3 landscape architects and 1 hr. They would ask you to brief your portfolio and ask what technique you've used when creating the drawings. They would also ask some thing relate to what you state in your cover letter.

A Senior Role Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR.

Interview

The interview was very open and casual, no pressure, just a good honest dialogue. They asked thoughtful questions in order to get acquainted. They were good about explaining the office culture, leadership roles, firm organization, and recent positive initiatives being undertaken.

Interview Questions

• Experience level, what goals and aspirations I have, they described the ideal candidate they were looking for.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to come for an in-person interview. I only had 1 interview but I was not qualified enough for the position. I had given my resume to a representative a year earlier at a career fair but they did not have any available positions then. The following year they asked me to apply when a position opened.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR.

Interview

Received an email requesting an interview soon after I applied. Talked with the HR manager on the phone to schedule an interview date and time. The interview was about 1 hour long with all the marketing team members in a circle. Very conversational. They went over the qualifications and the requirements that they ask of their interns. Also looked over the potential schedule to clarify hours being worked.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about my prior experience and how that would fit well working with the company.   Answer Question

Landscape Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (New York, NY).

Interview

Very interesting interview, took 1 to 2 hours. Asked obvious questions and then some more interesting background information.
    My favorite projects to date.
    Least favorite projects
    Why I like this company, their projects and style.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a 45 minute interview. They asked standard questions and went over my resume point for point. Then there was a quick tour followed by introductions to various employees. I knew in my gut that I had the job by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would deal with ethical dilemmas, rushing out projects that haven't been properly reviewed. They just wanted to see if I had common sense really.   Answer Question

Architect I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Nice interview atmosphere.
    They looked at my resume and asked some questions about personal experience.
    I did a presentation of my work, they asked a couple of questions about the portfolio and they did care about design ideas!
    They talked about what they were actually doing and took me a tour around the office after interview.
    The whole process from interview invitation to job offer is very efficient.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.
      What did you do in your past firms?
      Do you know anything about this firm?
      Design ideas in portfolio.   Answer Question

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

There were six lengthy meetings over the course of six months. The job title was shifted three times. There was limited communication about he status of the application. Follow up emails to express appreciation for their time were not returned. A few of the individuals impressed me as being gifted, intelligent, humorous, and appeared to enjoy their jobs. A few of the individuals appeared overworked, lacking self-awareness and common courtesy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. Nice and welcoming people who didn't make me feel intimidated. One thing that could've been done better was including information on parking. I had never been to Detroit before and couldn't find decent information on parking. After waiting in the reception area, I was brought to a small conference room and the interview was conducted with a principal and associate.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

They emailed me to call HR to set up a time for a video interview; there was only one interview. I called in and interviewed with two engineers and it lasted for about 30 minutes. They notified me within a week with their answer.