SmithGroupJJR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SmithGroupJJR Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.8

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR.

Interview

Received an email requesting an interview soon after I applied. Talked with the HR manager on the phone to schedule an interview date and time. The interview was about 1 hour long with all the marketing team members in a circle. Very conversational. They went over the qualifications and the requirements that they ask of their interns. Also looked over the potential schedule to clarify hours being worked.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about my prior experience and how that would fit well working with the company.   Answer Question

Landscape Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (New York, NY).

Interview

Very interesting interview, took 1 to 2 hours. Asked obvious questions and then some more interesting background information.
    My favorite projects to date.
    Least favorite projects
    Why I like this company, their projects and style.

Architect I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Nice interview atmosphere.
    They looked at my resume and asked some questions about personal experience.
    I did a presentation of my work, they asked a couple of questions about the portfolio and they did care about design ideas!
    They talked about what they were actually doing and took me a tour around the office after interview.
    The whole process from interview invitation to job offer is very efficient.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.
      What did you do in your past firms?
      Do you know anything about this firm?
      Design ideas in portfolio.
      Answer Question

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

There were six lengthy meetings over the course of six months. The job title was shifted three times. There was limited communication about he status of the application. Follow up emails to express appreciation for their time were not returned. A few of the individuals impressed me as being gifted, intelligent, humorous, and appeared to enjoy their jobs. A few of the individuals appeared overworked, lacking self-awareness and common courtesy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. Nice and welcoming people who didn't make me feel intimidated. One thing that could've been done better was including information on parking. I had never been to Detroit before and couldn't find decent information on parking. After waiting in the reception area, I was brought to a small conference room and the interview was conducted with a principal and associate.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

They emailed me to call HR to set up a time for a video interview; there was only one interview. I called in and interviewed with two engineers and it lasted for about 30 minutes. They notified me within a week with their answer.

Architect I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (Detroit, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

The whole process took 13 weeks. I applied to an open position online. It took them 3 weeks after applying to get back with me and then it took them 4 weeks to set up the interview. After the interview, it took them 6 weeks to give me a decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you've learned in graduate school?
      Why did you become an architect?
      Did you argue with your previous supervisors when you disagreed with them?
      Answer Question

Landscape Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Online Interview through Blue Jeans Network. Applied through company website. Scheduled with Company through telephone by HR representative. Got offer 3 weeks after Interview. The interview was with two principals, vice presidents, studio leaders, discipline leaders. The online interview was set up by their IT manager. Followed up with emails two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple tasks in the same time?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume online and was contacted the following week for an interview at one of their offices. The interview was mainly behavioral and each interviewer had a list of questions from which they read off of. Despite having a pleasant interview experience, I never received a response back from the company, even with several follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your classes and why you did not enjoy it.   Answer Question

Site Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SmithGroupJJR (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called for a Skype interview a few weeks after I submitted my work materials via email. I Skyped with 3 project managers and the office manager, and then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with one person. I then was offered a position within a few weeks, and started a few weeks after that.