Smithers Viscient Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Smithers Viscient

2.9

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wareham, MA

Interview

There were lots of people in the room for a fairly trivial position which was somewhat intimidating. Each person would ask a question, let me speak and everyone would wait to speak an awkwardly long time before speaking again.

Study Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wareham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smithers Viscient (Wareham, MA).

Interview

The interview process was typical. It included a phone screen followed by the on site. Everything appeared great including communication and travel arrangements.

The great impression changed as soon as I arrived for the interview. 90% of the employees I encountered during the lab tour appeared disengaged and not interested in greeting visitors. The lab spaces were not very impressive either. It did not take long to realize that the very low Glassdoor ratings are quite accurate. The interview session was not stellar either. The interviewers were more interested in "sizing' me up rather than having a logical interview dialog.
    Several attempts were made to follow up with the hiring manager after the interview . I sent thank you notes to everyone and I sent followup emails to the hiring manager. I even called the hiring manager because I felt like we had a good rapport leading up to the interview. I have yet to get a response. I've dodged a really big bullet. These are not the ideal people with which to work. Once again, the poor ratings prove to be true.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Report Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wareham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smithers Viscient (Wareham, MA).

Interview

Interview gained through staffing agency. A group interview where they ask about your resume, your working style, your overall goals. There was a short test at the end to determine basic grammar and math skills.

Interview Questions

• The test at the end was not very clear. Once I started working there it made more sense, but without context it wasn't very clear. I bombed it, but so must have all the candidates because I got the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything negotiated through a temp agency prior to submitting the application. I had no input until I had been working there for a while and they hired me on as a permanent position.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wareham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smithers Viscient (Wareham, MA).

Interview

A big panel, they all ask you questions and look over your resume. Good to know the company, the different departments, who works there. They were all pleasant, good people, so it is good to have you get along with everyone. The panel is still intimidating, but smile, be positive, prove good work ethic, be polite, highlight your own resume, they let you talk.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to work with people you don't get along with?   1 Answer

Facilities Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wareham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smithers Viscient (Wareham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through a job board posting and was contacted right away. I went through an initial sit down interview with the head of the department and HR, along with a tour of the facility, very pleasant and typical sit down interview that lasted a few hours. There was then a phone interview with the VP and another HR person followed by a third interview with the heads of all the departments. A bit intimidating but a good way to get to know the personalities of management. The department heads took turns asking questions regarding your resume and opinions on how you would handle certain situations. The interview takes a break as they discuss concerns and other questions they may have. The interview resumes and additional questions or clarifications are asked along with questions you may have for them. Overall the interview process was typical, a bit on the more difficult side as interviews go. The only issue i had with the whole interview process was that after going through three separate interviews I was not informed of their decision on my application. Follow up emails and phone calls to HR went unanswered which was surprising since i was told there weren't many candidates for the position. After making time to go through the interview process it would be nice to at least get a form letter saying that they decided to go with another candidate instead of just slowly realizing that you aren't getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• In a previous job give an example of how you failed a customer and how would you fix that?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithers Viscient.

Interview

I discussed the position and benefits with a variety of managers and received a tour of the facility. I met with several groups of people for different areas of the company.

Ecotoxicologist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Smithers Viscient.

Interview

I applied for this job via email and within a couple of days, I got an email from human resources about setting up a phone interview. The initial setup was difficult because of the interviewers schedules. I interviewed with three people who were all very nice and easy to talk to. I was told I would hear back within a couple of weeks, but did not, even though I emailed all the interviewers. I finally emailed their human resources department and found out that the position was put on hold for the time being.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite subject or area besides environmental toxicology?   Answer Question

Chemistry Technician II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smithers Viscient in June 2014.

Interview

I really liked the way Smithers did their interview. Before we all met in a conference room and chatted about my skills and experience as well as what the position entails, I filled out a very brief quiz on basic chemistry questions and had to sign a form stating that I would submit to a background check and drug screening if offered a position. When asked if I had any questions for the interview team, I asked what everyone's interests and background was in, so I could get a feel for the people I could possibly be working with. I'm glad I did because it was reassuring. I also liked that I got a tour of their facility.

Interview Questions

• I felt very well prepared for the interview. Confidence is key.   Answer Question

Chemistry Technician II Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smithers Viscient.

Interview

It was a very long process over multiple weeks. The first interview was with HR and pretty general. Unfortunately the rep did not seem to understand much about positions responsibilities and promised more than was offered. After two more rounds of interviews with chemists over multiple weeks I was finally made an offer.

Interview Questions

• General questions. They wanted to know what you knew about the company and about your background. Where you see yourself in the future, Why do you want the position.   Answer Question

Biology Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wareham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smithers Viscient (Wareham, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

Sent in my resume, I was contacted by HR simply to set up an interview at the company. Got a full tour of the facilities and an informal interview, very low key