Smiths Medical Interview Questions in Saint Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Smiths Medical Interview Questions in Saint Paul, MN

3.5

Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Process was slow. Seemed to be mostly handled by a third party organization that appeared confused at times. Hiring manager was new to the position and seemed to be rebuilding the department. There were gaps during the process that interrupted the flow.

Global Talent Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

The process moved relatively swiftly, but seemed a bit disorganized when it came to scheduling. I often had just a couple days to respond to scheduling requests. I had one strange interview conversation during the second round when it seemed like my interviewer was unprepared, or had prepared for a different kind of discussion. Generally I appreciated the rigorous process. What I would have liked is more discussion throughout the interviews about the company's recent history, its business outlook, and context for the specific role.

Interview Questions

• How I would change my approach when/if things did not go according to plan.   Answer Question

Finance Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter who found me on LinkedIn. Went through five phone interviews, recruiter was very excited. Then heard nothing for three weeks until I finally contacted the department manger, after which I got a very awkward rejection call from the recruiter. A few months later a different internal recruiter contacted me, then e-mailed me that they weren't interested before I even talked to her (huh?!). So, twice THEY contacted ME only to jerk me around. I told them not to ever contact me again. Job sounded interesting, but company is obviously dysfunctional, so I probably dodged a bullet.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2010.

Interview

Phone interview and then two on site panel interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried but no luck

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2010.

Interview

I started interviewing for a different job. During a walk through, I was spotted by a former co-worker who was hiring for a different position. After not being selected for the original position, I was interviewed twice for the second position: once with the hiring manager and potential co-workers and once with hiring manager's boss, Director of Operations, and Director of Reg Affairs. Whole process took several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Manager sketched out an op amp circuit (knowing I was an EE) and asked me to spot anything wrong with it.   1 Answer