Smithsonian Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

1.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithsonian.

Interview

I applied online through SOLAA. Two months after submitting the application, I received a phone call and was asked if I was still interested in the position. A few days later, I was offered the internship and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Smithsonian

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smithsonian.

Interview

I submitted an application through SOLAA, which is the Smithsonian's online application management site. The application asked for two recs, a resume, and a cover letter. I got an email about a week later scheduling a phone interview; we then had a phone interview. The interview was pretty easy, got the offer essentially on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithsonian (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview, which was all that was required for the job. Different departments might have different hiring, but it's pretty easy for an intern.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithsonian (Washington, DC).

Interview

This was fairly simple. So long as you had the appropriate qualifications and a work ethic it seemed that they could accept you. The questions were very much along the lines of where you want to go in life. The interview was over the phone and was not stressful at all. As for after the acceptance there was a simple background check and everything else was fairly straight forward.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say that there was anything truly unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Smithsonian in March 2009.

Interview

interviewed by supervisor.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smithsonian in March 2013.

Interview

After applying online for an internship, indicating preferred departments/thematic areas, I was emailed by the director of my top-choice program and, as I was living out of state for college, arranged an interview by phone. The interview was very straight forward and less an assessment of my skills and preparedness and more a conversation about my interests and priorities to see if they corresponded well with current museum projects.

Interview Questions

• What academic background to do you have with immigration?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smithsonian in May 2011.

Interview

a series of phone interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

stipend only, so no negotiation