Smoker & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Smoker & Company

2.0

Business to Business Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Got a call out ok of the blue regarding b to b sales of insurance. Started rattling off questions on processes lead gathering etc. Makes you wonder why a CPA firm wants to sell insurance with very little knowledge of the industry?

In any case I ended the conversation after reading the reviews on Glassdoor. My advice, look elsewhere based on what's here.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leola, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smoker & Company (Leola, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, they reached out to me, not me applying for a position. It was only 1 interview. The gentleman interviewing me I do know think was accustomed to interviewing someone of an Executive level. The questions were generic like I heard 30 years ago when I got out of college. He didnt seem to be able to understand the breadth of my experience. We were to "touch base" the next week. As I didn't hear from him I reached out to him via email stating the confusion leaving the interview, and never heard back.

Computer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leola, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smoker & Company (Leola, PA).

Interview

First interview was about an hour and a half due to a personality profile multiple choice quiz
    Second interview was short with HR and IT. They ask about your background, what your current role is. How you cope with a difficult situation

Interview Questions

• After two interviews and a lot of time invested, they had no answer after a few weeks and they never contacted me back, not even to tell me I did not get the job. Follow up emails went unanswered.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • What are your current responsibilities   Answer Question
    • When can you start   Answer Question
    • They spoke a lot about the company and where it was headed   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leola, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smoker & Company (Leola, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Meet with some "HR" guy and an "upper" management person and talk about the great future Smoker can offer and all the great perks they have. Bunch of nonsense questions and I felt like it was a bother to be interviewed. Basically the whole interview was them trying to sell themselves to me and in the end I found out they are desperate because they can't keep people employed there.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy being lied to? Do you like working for peanuts?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leola, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smoker & Company (Leola, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

2 interviews - and then an offer.

1st interview is with HR/Recruiter. Canned questions...can be standoffish in nature. I personally never experienced an interview like that...it was so tense, I was shocked they wanted to speak with me again for 2nd interview...and I have a LOT of experience with interviewing and debriefing candidates and hiring authorities. You are then required to take a simple "aptitude test" and a "personality profile" that is evaluated by Sterling Management Systems (scientology related consulting company). Allow at least an1 1/2 hours for 1st interview.

2nd interview is with hiring authority and/or owner of the company. Can be very canned as well. Owner will get technical with "accounting" candidates. Do not expect to make a "connection". You likely will not be sure where you stand, even if you do great in the interview. Owner does not read people well and shows little emotion...as a general rule, he has no time for personal connections.

Interview Questions

• Nothing...very routine, canned interview questions. You may be surprised about the "sacrifice" type questions...there are often (in first interview) a series of questions about how willing you are to put in a lot of hours, etc. There's a reason for that. It will be expected of you, if you are an accountant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were willing to negotiate, but try to get as much in salary as possible. If you're willing to take a big portion of your compensation based on performance, you might as well kiss it goodbye. You will not get it. They over promise and under deliver on bonuses routinely. I watched it from the inside. They either set goals that are, unknowingly to the candidate, unrealistic, or they pick away at the most minor technicalities to preclude you from hitting bonus. It is systematic and everyone in the company is aware of it.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leola, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smoker & Company (Leola, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview twice and provide detailed execution plan, conversations with the executive staff and a reference check was performed as well as a question and answer type of 2nd interview regarding the details of my plan

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smoker & Company in October 2008.

Interview

My first interview was an hour away. I was then called for a second interview for a different opinion (with the promise of a quick promotion) on a Saturday night. I was hired the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate up a few dollars an hour. My advise is to always try to negotiate. It not only increases your chances for a better salary, but also adds value to you as a person.