Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Fayetteville, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy laid back but effective and to the point. I went in dress appropriate with a resume they were very impressed. Said they hadn't seen that from a waitress before.

Interview Questions

• What makes you right for the job?   1 Answer

Take Out Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call within two days of applying asking to come in for a face to face interview. Got asked some questions, I think mainly to feel out my personality, and then asked to come back to meet the GM. Met him, he asked me some questions, a little tougher than hers but was very nice. Got told on site that I had the job and the hiring manager would contact me soon.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Mount Prospect, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Very great interview. Met with the assistant manager then the Manager on a different day. Asked about previouse experience, what I can bring to the table and what I like about the company.

Interview Questions

• What about you will improve the company and/or increase customer experience?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple, I was called in for an interview a day or two after filling out the application for the next day. I went in a button up and dress pants armed with more resumes just in case. It was a brief interview, very casual, he asked my experience and why I thought I would fit in at Smokey bones. At the end of the interview he asked me to come in later that night to follow around a server to see if I would fit in. I went in that night and followed her around as she did he work and just made light conversation with her. She gave me the menu's to study while I followed her, at the end of the follow around I spoke to the manager again who simply told me to call him on Monday afternoon. On that Sunday before the Monday he called me offering me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Peachtree City, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I was sent an email containing my interview time. I had two interviews. One with the assistant manager and one with the general manager. They let you know upfront about their high expectations. I was offered the job and accepted. The overall vibe was pretty uptight. Way to serious to be a BBQ restaurant , just not for me.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?
      What would you do if you see another employee slacking on the work duties?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Corporate called me for 1st interview, 2nd one was at a store to talk to the DO, then after that he called me to tell me I got hired. few days later started training for 6 weeks and then got moved into a store. easy process.

Interview Questions

• What did you like most about your last job   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill.

Interview

The ask you a bunch of corporate questions you have to answer on the spot. Most questions are simple though if you know anything about food safety and the industry. I had never been a server before and they hired me because their turnover is so high.

Interview Questions

• Asking about what you would do in a food safety situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just get minimum wage pay for a server.

Hostess Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online, then was emailed for a "meet and greet" (mini interview?) with the manager. It lasted for like 15 minutes. It was quite short, I believe they look more for availability than anything (which is why I didn't get the job) My advice is to really stretch your availability.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill.

Interview

Had to take a torturous 1 hour exam (which included high school algebra and geometry), in order to submit my application. After about two weeks, I scheduled an interview with the service manager. Many of the interview questions were related to the restauraunt and hospitality industry, but were pretty straight forward. Questions included possible scenarios (for example, what would you do if a guest was not satisfied with their meal),

Interview Questions

• The online exam contained an array of mathematical questions (which I, as senior had trouble with).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very simple. I applied online and came in for an interview about a week later. Got the job right away. The interview was very short and brief. I met with the general manager at the time.