Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process starts with a brief conversation with the Manager on Duty. This is then followed by a personality profile test that is not a pass or fail test, just something to see what kind of person you are and how honest you really are or can be. The next process is about a 10-15 minute wait which can seem like an eternity when you're looking for a job and just waiting for a potential employer to just say you're hired and you start ???... Finally after all that depending upon what position you're applying for, or the restaurants' needs at present hand, you could be hired on the spot, if you passed the test I should say. This is put through the computer for grading I forgot to add, that's why you had to wait the 10-15 minutes, or you could be put off for another interview with another department head, or the General Manager. The questions are all pretty basic and once you've answered one, you've answered them all. You're now a master at the interview process. Good luck in the future and I hope all goes well with this really unpredictable, unstable company, with really pricey overrated food.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions to speak of because I wasn't asked too many myself in my experience, at least in my interview with the company. But that was when they were with a great "Holding" company by the name of Darden restaurants LLC.   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Fayetteville, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy laid back but effective and to the point. I went in dress appropriate with a resume they were very impressed. Said they hadn't seen that from a waitress before.

Interview Questions

• What makes you right for the job?   1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Corporate called me for 1st interview, 2nd one was at a store to talk to the DO, then after that he called me to tell me I got hired. few days later started training for 6 weeks and then got moved into a store. easy process.

Interview Questions

• What did you like most about your last job   1 Answer

Take Out Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call within two days of applying asking to come in for a face to face interview. Got asked some questions, I think mainly to feel out my personality, and then asked to come back to meet the GM. Met him, he asked me some questions, a little tougher than hers but was very nice. Got told on site that I had the job and the hiring manager would contact me soon.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Mount Prospect, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Very great interview. Met with the assistant manager then the Manager on a different day. Asked about previouse experience, what I can bring to the table and what I like about the company.

Interview Questions

• What about you will improve the company and/or increase customer experience?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill.

Interview

The ask you a bunch of corporate questions you have to answer on the spot. Most questions are simple though if you know anything about food safety and the industry. I had never been a server before and they hired me because their turnover is so high.

Interview Questions

• Asking about what you would do in a food safety situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just get minimum wage pay for a server.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in September 2012.

Interview

There were several levels of interviews beginning with HR manager, then two GM within the region, then the Director of the region and then finally with the President and CEO. Once the offer was received and accepted then a 6 week training class at a out of state training store.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions during my interview process.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill.

Interview

Had to take a torturous 1 hour exam (which included high school algebra and geometry), in order to submit my application. After about two weeks, I scheduled an interview with the service manager. Many of the interview questions were related to the restauraunt and hospitality industry, but were pretty straight forward. Questions included possible scenarios (for example, what would you do if a guest was not satisfied with their meal),

Interview Questions

• The online exam contained an array of mathematical questions (which I, as senior had trouble with).   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process consisted of online application, personality test ,phone interview then a 1:1 interview with the district manager. I was told I interviewed great and was highly qualified for the position but they decided to hire from within the company. Would have been nice if they would have done that first instead of having me jump through hoops for the job.

Interview Questions

• What was an example where you implemented a change at a job and how did you achieve that change   Answer Question

Bartender/Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Columbus, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

First you have to take a ridiculous test with all kinds of irrelevant questions for a food server. Then the manager never came back until 45 minutes after I was done with the test. This made me run late for another appointment. I came back for a second interview and the head bartender interviewed me. She was insulting, rude and told me how much I did not want to work there and how irresponsible the staff was and how I would have to pick up the slack from them.

Interview Questions

After the second interview, I did not want the job