Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Stoughton, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Sit down one on one, very comfortable and causal , they make it easy to be yourself which makes interviewing very easy. Its as if you were talking to a friend but with questions based on a restaurant setting of course.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Mount Prospect, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Very great interview. Met with the assistant manager then the Manager on a different day. Asked about previouse experience, what I can bring to the table and what I like about the company.

Interview Questions

• What about you will improve the company and/or increase customer experience?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple, I was called in for an interview a day or two after filling out the application for the next day. I went in a button up and dress pants armed with more resumes just in case. It was a brief interview, very casual, he asked my experience and why I thought I would fit in at Smokey bones. At the end of the interview he asked me to come in later that night to follow around a server to see if I would fit in. I went in that night and followed her around as she did he work and just made light conversation with her. She gave me the menu's to study while I followed her, at the end of the follow around I spoke to the manager again who simply told me to call him on Monday afternoon. On that Sunday before the Monday he called me offering me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Peachtree City, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I was sent an email containing my interview time. I had two interviews. One with the assistant manager and one with the general manager. They let you know upfront about their high expectations. I was offered the job and accepted. The overall vibe was pretty uptight. Way to serious to be a BBQ restaurant , just not for me.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?
      What would you do if you see another employee slacking on the work duties?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill.

Interview

The ask you a bunch of corporate questions you have to answer on the spot. Most questions are simple though if you know anything about food safety and the industry. I had never been a server before and they hired me because their turnover is so high.

Interview Questions

• Asking about what you would do in a food safety situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just get minimum wage pay for a server.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very simple. I applied online and came in for an interview about a week later. Got the job right away. The interview was very short and brief. I met with the general manager at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Reading, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Sit down at table in the resturant and talked with a few managers and then the called me a few days later and I was going to start training the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Fairview Heights, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Apply online and then you will be called for interview with GM or FOH supervisor. Typical interview about yourself your experience and your strengths and weaknesses. The interview is about an hour and you have to pass a personality assessment and basic math skills test afterward to get the position.

Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (North Olmsted, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

I was asked to upsell a martini and filled out tons of paperwork. Overall it was very easy. I spoke with several managers before sitting with the GM. He talked about the extensive training and the overall atmosphere. There are uniform requirements like minimal jewelry and a t shirt and jeans, with slip resistant shoes.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Lakeland, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

Easy layed back company.