Snagajob Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Snagajob Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

Recruiting Specialist/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Glen Allen, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 phone screens and 2 in person interviews in one day. The first screen was with the recruiter and they asked pretty basic questions related to specialist position. They then scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. That interview was focused more on why I'm looking for a new position and what I hope to gain from leaving my current position.

I was then scheduled for a 4 hour interview but then there were changes made the day before. I was supposed to meet with the team, managers, and supervisors but that changed to just the hiring manager for the specialist position. They also asked if I may be interested in a project manager role and I said yes which added another manger in the interview process.

They were really nice and fun people to talk to. I just wish I would have received an email saying that I didn't receive the position. It was during the holiday season, which could explain it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client called because you promised them 80 candidates but only 30 showed and only 10 of them are worth hiring?
      (After you respond) If you go to a restaurant and order a 12 ounce steak but they bring you 4 ounces, what would you do? How is that different from the client situation?
      Answer Question
    • What would your supervisors and coworkers say behind your back? What aren't you good at?   Answer Question
    • What about Snagajob's mission makes you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Explain a process that you revamped.   Answer Question
    • How do you go about changing a process?   Answer Question

Snagajob Response

Jan 27, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our process, and I’m glad that you found it to be a positive experience overall. As a growing company, we try to look at all of our open roles ... More

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snagajob.

Interview

The whole process was extremely disorganized, which is concerning considering their whole thing is about the job application process. Some of the recruiters I dealt with were great but others were entirely apathetic, though I can't blame them because they must have super high turnover otherwise I wouldn't have gotten passed around to different contact points so often. The hiring manager that I finally got to talk to acted like I was wasting his time from the very beginning of the call. They recently opened an office in Arlington, but expect you to travel down to Richmond for several days EVERY week, not just once in a while. They can take a very long time to set up interviews or to return emails. It got to the point where I removed myself from the process.

Ready Hire Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA).

Interview

HR manager arrived 10 minutes late to retrieve me from the lobby. Ten person interview, all meetings ran behind schedule. Only spent 10-15 mins with hiring manager. After last meeting I was asked to stay an extra 30 minutes (which turned into an additional 1.5 hours)to speak to a few team members(who I previously met with) as they had more questions. In conclusion of interview series a 30 minute recap was scheduled with HR manager recapping the day to allow for questions etc. HR manager advised because of previously scheduled meetings she was unable to meet and would call later in the day. On the way out, I asked to speak to the hiring manager once more to secure a few concerns. Hiring Manager advised late for a meeting and couldn't really talk.
    Interview scheduled from 9-12:45p. Meeting ended at 2:25p.
    HR manager reached out early evening to address any questions; exchange was unpleasant and uncomfortable.
    Meeting space was untidy with discarded paper plates and napkins and crumbs on meeting table.
    Team was very passionate and in need of strong leadership.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with handling confrontation?
      How comfortable are you with speaking on behalf of a team?
      How do you motivate a group of people?
      Give examples of a process you created and managed?
      Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview process took several steps to complete. The first step was a phone interview with the HR Director, who was friendly throughout the process. At the end of that call, she let me know that she was going to set me up with a call with a VP.

Next, I had a 30 minute call with the VP who also seemed like a good guy. I didn't think any of the questions were terribly difficult, and were mostly focused around my preferred process. It was more conversational than an interrogation-style question/answer format.

After that, I met with the VP in person for about an hour. Again, very conversational--this one was more about me asking questions about the existing team and the structure of the company.

The last step was a day-long series of interviews with nearly all of the directors and the CEO. They were back to back from 9am until 4pm in the afternoon, with each person getting about 45 minutes. None of these were particularly difficult interviews, and I got the sense these were mostly culture-fit type interviews.

Things got a little frustrating after that point. After I sent a thank you, I didn't hear anything at all for the next few weeks. I got an email (on a Monday) thanking me for my patience, and that I would hear from them by Friday. Friday came and went, and I ended up not getting any response until the following Thursday. The set up one more call, and then let me know I was not getting the job on that call.

All in all, a pretty standard and decent interview process except for the communication blackout at the end.

Pre-Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process took three months with many highs and lows. We'll start with the highs.

Highs:

- phone screening with HR was friendly and passionate

- in person interviews were friendly and passionate

Lows:

- I initiated 90% of the follow up calls/emails
    - it took 3 months to hire one person
    - the hiring manager was impersonal
    - did I mention it took 3 months?

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral, fit, and some quant questions. For the most part it was about cultural fit and personal passions.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called by someone at HR who conducted a phone screening. I then went to their office and was interviewed by two different people. The first was a sales manager, and next was their head of sales. I then came in a couple days later and met with two BDA employees and was given the opportunity to ask them questions. The questions they asked were pretty standard for an entry sales position.

B2B Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrico, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Henrico, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a decent experience. I interviewed with two different managers, and they both just asked your standard intrude questions. They were very friendly, and also gave me a tour of the building. I did not end up working for the company because that specific position was not a great fit for my skills and experience, however, the managers were very welcomjng and it seemed like a fun place to work. Everyone I spoke to seemed happy to be there. As far as interviews go, this was one of the better ones I've been a part of, and there were no out of the ordinary questions.

Manager, Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob in November 2014.

Interview

Opportunity presented by a recruiter. Interviews with VP of Sales in person. Advanced to half day interview with 8 individual interviews that included executives (HR, Marketing, Operations) and a good representation of the sales team including Sales representatives. Good exposure to the company. Questions were standard behavioral seeking questions ie. "tell me about a time when...". Entire process was not lengthy.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

I reached out to the recruiter, and after some friendly back and forth there was an initial official phone screen. After that there was a phone screen with two engineers. Then they asked me to schedule a 4 hour interview. I gave them some dates, but I was asked for a date sooner. Being accommodating, I cleared some time on my calendar. Then they told me never mind, we'll go with one of the original dates. This seemed very disorganized. Then they brought me in for the 4 hour interview session which was pretty laborious. Some observations: upon arrival, the receptionist did not acknowledge me. She seemed busy arguing with someone on the phone. This was my first surprise of many. When the recruiter came to get me and brought me back, I saw foozball tables, but no one playing them. People looked very, very busy and stressed. The interview started with me sitting in a room with 16 people looking at me and them saying "Well? What have you got?" This did not feel like the beginning of a friendly process, and this intuition proved accurate. During one of the eight separate interviews I expressed concern about work life balance and the potential for long hours and this was met with weak assurances. I got the feeling that working at Snagajob involves REALLY long hours. (When I left at 6:00PM, it looked like they were in full swing and everyone was in the house like it was 10AM!!!) I commented at one point that I was not wanting to work where I had to work harder then the guy next to me cause we were both scared of being fired a la Office Space. That comment received a knowing look between interviewers which threw a huge red flag for me. I did not feel like they sold me on the company at all during that entire 4 hours, they just acted like I should be falling over myself to work there. The interview questions were standard behavioral questions like any other I have had, which again surprised me since this company has a very progressive reputation. They seemed overly concerned with my short tenures at my first jobs out of college. This seemed strange to me, since everyone moves up from their initial jobs or they stagnate at low pay. This was one of those interviews where you really need to figure out what they want and try to be that person. I feel this is a very traditional hiring approach, akin with any corporation. I was really not expecting such an uptight scenario. I was told I would receive a call the next day. Instead, 4 days later I received an email saying how much they enjoyed meeting me and asking for my references. During this time, I was still pondering if I would even accept an offer. Then 4 days after that I was sent a form email turning me down and it wasn't even signed! It was addressed to the formal version of my name, which I never use. After all that, I wasn't even worth a personalized email or phone call. My references were never contacted. I felt like that was pretty disrespectful and cavalier about my time. My final feeling from the experience was pretty negative. I feel they think they are so great a company to work for that they don't even need to try at all. They seem to forget that in an interview, you are interviewing the company at the same time that they are interviewing you. Job seekers are customers too, and this experience was bad enough that I wanted to share it with other potential job seekers. I would NEVER interview with Snagajob again, what an insulting waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake at work and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Very informal 1:1 interview, just talked and hung out with the guy so he could get an idea of my "voice". The overall atmosphere and culture in the office seemed pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something over the phone so I can hear your "voice" and if our customers will be willing to buy the SnagAJob service from you.   1 Answer