Snagajob Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snagajob in July 2017.

Interview

Replied to an online ad for software engineer. Went through phone screen and was contacted for a phone interview. The interview went well and was contacted on a Friday afternoon about proceeding to the next step in the interview process. They wanted to do a 5-HOUR interview using Google Hangouts.

On Saturday I emailed a suggestion to split the 5-hours over 2 or 3 days because 5-hours is large block of time to allocate. On Sunday I received an email that said they decided to go forward with other candidates. So, seems to me, that since I couldn't allocate 5 contiguous hours for an interview, they were suddenly no longer interested. Their normal process is to split the interview into 2-hours on the phone and a couple hours in-person onsite.

IMO: not very professional interview process and probably not a very professional place to work. I'd skip it if I were you.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any particular question. I recall they were mostly related to OOP.   Answer Question

Sep 1, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. Our engineering interview process is lengthy because we value team feedback, and we've been working to condense it into a day so candidates don't have... More

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Took 2 months to get a 20 minute phone interview to only find out they went with another candidate. Never spoke to a hiring manager. Followed up 5 times to get responses from the recruiting team to even let them know I was interested.

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions, it was just a screen interview.   1 Answer

May 12, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! I'm sorry to hear of the initial delay in connecting with us and we'll be sure to review with the recruiting team. In the meantime, we're hopeful... More

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Charleston, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

This was by far the worst recruitment process I've been through and it was mostly because of the recruiters. First off, I was contacted by a recruiter after submitting an application. He got me confused with someone else and asked me to clear 5 hours for an interview and then didn't get back to me with details. Then sends over a setup for a 1 hour phone interview after I contacted him. Would have been nice to know this before I had already take 5 hours off. Phone interview was with hiring manager who was very impressive and seemed very knowledgeable. He was the ONLY reason I decided to go in for the 5 hour interview I was asked to show up for. They sent over an email with a different position as the title so I was afraid they got me confused with someone else again. I showed up for the in person interview and they put me in a room that was not air conditioned- for 5 hours. They turned the air on but by the time it cooled down in hour 3 or so I was soaked in sweat and uncomfortable and no one really tried to find somewhere with air when it was 90+ degrees outside. The actual technical team seemed cool and we had good conversations. The recruiter followed up the next day saying he would get back to me Friday. A week from Friday went by and they finally contacted me again saying they went with someone else but that I was a culture fit. The recruiter used the word cool more than the girl in the clueless movie. Very unprofessional recruiters and my name was spelled wrong multiple times on emails as well. Get better recruiters who genuinely want to get good talent and care about the people they are trying to see are a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

Snagajob Response

Sep 25, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like your interview experience was less than ideal, and definitely not the experience we want candidates to walk away with! Our recruiting teams and hiring managers... More

Recruiting Specialist/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Glen Allen, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 phone screens and 2 in person interviews in one day. The first screen was with the recruiter and they asked pretty basic questions related to specialist position. They then scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. That interview was focused more on why I'm looking for a new position and what I hope to gain from leaving my current position.

I was then scheduled for a 4 hour interview but then there were changes made the day before. I was supposed to meet with the team, managers, and supervisors but that changed to just the hiring manager for the specialist position. They also asked if I may be interested in a project manager role and I said yes which added another manger in the interview process.

They were really nice and fun people to talk to. I just wish I would have received an email saying that I didn't receive the position. It was during the holiday season, which could explain it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client called because you promised them 80 candidates but only 30 showed and only 10 of them are worth hiring?
      (After you respond) If you go to a restaurant and order a 12 ounce steak but they bring you 4 ounces, what would you do? How is that different from the client situation?   Answer Question
    • What would your supervisors and coworkers say behind your back? What aren't you good at?   Answer Question
    • What about Snagajob's mission makes you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Explain a process that you revamped.   Answer Question
    • How do you go about changing a process?   Answer Question

Jan 27, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our process, and I’m glad that you found it to be a positive experience overall. As a growing company, we try to look at all of our open roles... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snagajob (Oakland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with this company six months ago. Had multiple 3 rounds of interview, and reason recruiter gave me was they didn't think I was "enthusiastic" about opportunity/company. Who interviews with a company on 3 different days and is not enthusiastic about opportunity, I don't know if they are all looking for some key word , that candidates are supposed to utter. They I found that they hired a fresh graduate for this work, where as I am engineer with 20+ years experience, so most probably this was case of age discrimination, which is hard to prove. But I would avoid this company if you value your time.

Interview Questions

Snagajob Response

Sep 25, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thanks for your candid feedback. While we always want our interview process to be thorough, we agree that three rounds of onsite interviews is not a great experience, and we'd already modified our... More

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snagajob.

Interview

The whole process was extremely disorganized, which is concerning considering their whole thing is about the job application process. Some of the recruiters I dealt with were great but others were entirely apathetic, though I can't blame them because they must have super high turnover otherwise I wouldn't have gotten passed around to different contact points so often. The hiring manager that I finally got to talk to acted like I was wasting his time from the very beginning of the call. They recently opened an office in Arlington, but expect you to travel down to Richmond for several days EVERY week, not just once in a while. They can take a very long time to set up interviews or to return emails. It got to the point where I removed myself from the process.

Ready Hire Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA).

Interview

HR manager arrived 10 minutes late to retrieve me from the lobby. Ten person interview, all meetings ran behind schedule. Only spent 10-15 mins with hiring manager. After last meeting I was asked to stay an extra 30 minutes (which turned into an additional 1.5 hours)to speak to a few team members(who I previously met with) as they had more questions. In conclusion of interview series a 30 minute recap was scheduled with HR manager recapping the day to allow for questions etc. HR manager advised because of previously scheduled meetings she was unable to meet and would call later in the day. On the way out, I asked to speak to the hiring manager once more to secure a few concerns. Hiring Manager advised late for a meeting and couldn't really talk.
    Interview scheduled from 9-12:45p. Meeting ended at 2:25p.
    HR manager reached out early evening to address any questions; exchange was unpleasant and uncomfortable.
    Meeting space was untidy with discarded paper plates and napkins and crumbs on meeting table.
    Team was very passionate and in need of strong leadership.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with handling confrontation?
      How comfortable are you with speaking on behalf of a team?
      How do you motivate a group of people?
      Give examples of a process you created and managed?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview process took several steps to complete. The first step was a phone interview with the HR Director, who was friendly throughout the process. At the end of that call, she let me know that she was going to set me up with a call with a VP.

Next, I had a 30 minute call with the VP who also seemed like a good guy. I didn't think any of the questions were terribly difficult, and were mostly focused around my preferred process. It was more conversational than an interrogation-style question/answer format.

After that, I met with the VP in person for about an hour. Again, very conversational--this one was more about me asking questions about the existing team and the structure of the company.

The last step was a day-long series of interviews with nearly all of the directors and the CEO. They were back to back from 9am until 4pm in the afternoon, with each person getting about 45 minutes. None of these were particularly difficult interviews, and I got the sense these were mostly culture-fit type interviews.

Things got a little frustrating after that point. After I sent a thank you, I didn't hear anything at all for the next few weeks. I got an email (on a Monday) thanking me for my patience, and that I would hear from them by Friday. Friday came and went, and I ended up not getting any response until the following Thursday. The set up one more call, and then let me know I was not getting the job on that call.

All in all, a pretty standard and decent interview process except for the communication blackout at the end.

Pre-Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process took three months with many highs and lows. We'll start with the highs.

Highs:

- phone screening with HR was friendly and passionate

- in person interviews were friendly and passionate

Lows:

- I initiated 90% of the follow up calls/emails
    - it took 3 months to hire one person
    - the hiring manager was impersonal
    - did I mention it took 3 months?

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral, fit, and some quant questions. For the most part it was about cultural fit and personal passions.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called by someone at HR who conducted a phone screening. I then went to their office and was interviewed by two different people. The first was a sales manager, and next was their head of sales. I then came in a couple days later and met with two BDA employees and was given the opportunity to ask them questions. The questions they asked were pretty standard for an entry sales position.