Snagajob Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Snagajob Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2017

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snagajob in July 2017.

Interview

Replied to an online ad for software engineer. Went through phone screen and was contacted for a phone interview. The interview went well and was contacted on a Friday afternoon about proceeding to the next step in the interview process. They wanted to do a 5-HOUR interview using Google Hangouts.

On Saturday I emailed a suggestion to split the 5-hours over 2 or 3 days because 5-hours is large block of time to allocate. On Sunday I received an email that said they decided to go forward with other candidates. So, seems to me, that since I couldn't allocate 5 contiguous hours for an interview, they were suddenly no longer interested. Their normal process is to split the interview into 2-hours on the phone and a couple hours in-person onsite.

IMO: not very professional interview process and probably not a very professional place to work. I'd skip it if I were you.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any particular question. I recall they were mostly related to OOP.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Took 2 months to get a 20 minute phone interview to only find out they went with another candidate. Never spoke to a hiring manager. Followed up 5 times to get responses from the recruiting team to even let them know I was interested.

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions, it was just a screen interview.   1 Answer

Snagajob Response

May 12, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! I'm sorry to hear of the initial delay in connecting with us and we'll be sure to review with the recruiting team. In the meantime, we're hopeful... More

Recruiting Specialist/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Glen Allen, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 phone screens and 2 in person interviews in one day. The first screen was with the recruiter and they asked pretty basic questions related to specialist position. They then scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. That interview was focused more on why I'm looking for a new position and what I hope to gain from leaving my current position.

I was then scheduled for a 4 hour interview but then there were changes made the day before. I was supposed to meet with the team, managers, and supervisors but that changed to just the hiring manager for the specialist position. They also asked if I may be interested in a project manager role and I said yes which added another manger in the interview process.

They were really nice and fun people to talk to. I just wish I would have received an email saying that I didn't receive the position. It was during the holiday season, which could explain it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client called because you promised them 80 candidates but only 30 showed and only 10 of them are worth hiring?
      (After you respond) If you go to a restaurant and order a 12 ounce steak but they bring you 4 ounces, what would you do? How is that different from the client situation?   Answer Question
    • What would your supervisors and coworkers say behind your back? What aren't you good at?   Answer Question
    • What about Snagajob's mission makes you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Explain a process that you revamped.   Answer Question
    • How do you go about changing a process?   Answer Question

Snagajob Response

Jan 27, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our process, and I’m glad that you found it to be a positive experience overall. As a growing company, we try to look at all of our open roles... More

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snagajob.

Interview

The whole process was extremely disorganized, which is concerning considering their whole thing is about the job application process. Some of the recruiters I dealt with were great but others were entirely apathetic, though I can't blame them because they must have super high turnover otherwise I wouldn't have gotten passed around to different contact points so often. The hiring manager that I finally got to talk to acted like I was wasting his time from the very beginning of the call. They recently opened an office in Arlington, but expect you to travel down to Richmond for several days EVERY week, not just once in a while. They can take a very long time to set up interviews or to return emails. It got to the point where I removed myself from the process.

Ready Hire Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA).

Interview

HR manager arrived 10 minutes late to retrieve me from the lobby. Ten person interview, all meetings ran behind schedule. Only spent 10-15 mins with hiring manager. After last meeting I was asked to stay an extra 30 minutes (which turned into an additional 1.5 hours)to speak to a few team members(who I previously met with) as they had more questions. In conclusion of interview series a 30 minute recap was scheduled with HR manager recapping the day to allow for questions etc. HR manager advised because of previously scheduled meetings she was unable to meet and would call later in the day. On the way out, I asked to speak to the hiring manager once more to secure a few concerns. Hiring Manager advised late for a meeting and couldn't really talk.
    Interview scheduled from 9-12:45p. Meeting ended at 2:25p.
    HR manager reached out early evening to address any questions; exchange was unpleasant and uncomfortable.
    Meeting space was untidy with discarded paper plates and napkins and crumbs on meeting table.
    Team was very passionate and in need of strong leadership.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with handling confrontation?
      How comfortable are you with speaking on behalf of a team?
      How do you motivate a group of people?
      Give examples of a process you created and managed?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview process took several steps to complete. The first step was a phone interview with the HR Director, who was friendly throughout the process. At the end of that call, she let me know that she was going to set me up with a call with a VP.

Next, I had a 30 minute call with the VP who also seemed like a good guy. I didn't think any of the questions were terribly difficult, and were mostly focused around my preferred process. It was more conversational than an interrogation-style question/answer format.

After that, I met with the VP in person for about an hour. Again, very conversational--this one was more about me asking questions about the existing team and the structure of the company.

The last step was a day-long series of interviews with nearly all of the directors and the CEO. They were back to back from 9am until 4pm in the afternoon, with each person getting about 45 minutes. None of these were particularly difficult interviews, and I got the sense these were mostly culture-fit type interviews.

Things got a little frustrating after that point. After I sent a thank you, I didn't hear anything at all for the next few weeks. I got an email (on a Monday) thanking me for my patience, and that I would hear from them by Friday. Friday came and went, and I ended up not getting any response until the following Thursday. The set up one more call, and then let me know I was not getting the job on that call.

All in all, a pretty standard and decent interview process except for the communication blackout at the end.

Pre-Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process took three months with many highs and lows. We'll start with the highs.

Highs:

- phone screening with HR was friendly and passionate

- in person interviews were friendly and passionate

Lows:

- I initiated 90% of the follow up calls/emails
    - it took 3 months to hire one person
    - the hiring manager was impersonal
    - did I mention it took 3 months?

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral, fit, and some quant questions. For the most part it was about cultural fit and personal passions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob in April 2015.

Interview

Quick and straight forward. Staff is very friendly and easy talk to. 15 minute phone screening process then came into the office a few weeks later. Had multiple back to back 30 minute interviews. Very conversational and candid.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in the future?   Answer Question
    • What skills did you gain from your most recent job would help you with this position?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Snagajob (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called by someone at HR who conducted a phone screening. I then went to their office and was interviewed by two different people. The first was a sales manager, and next was their head of sales. I then came in a couple days later and met with two BDA employees and was given the opportunity to ask them questions. The questions they asked were pretty standard for an entry sales position.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Snagajob (Glen Allen, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

After talking to some company representatives at the VCU career fair, I received an email to interview at the office. I met with someone with HR who took me to a conference room and gave me a schedule of interviews. I interviewed with 5 developers one after another until I debriefed with HR again and had a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Have you looked at the app, and what is wrong with it.   1 Answer