Snap Content Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2018

2.9

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Snap (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Turned in an application online, had a 15-20 minute phone interview, completed a Snapchat Story challenge (had to create an entertaining/interesting snapchat story in 24 hours), and interviewed in person (talked to 2 different employees & had a chance to practice cultivating a live story in their office). While I loved every step of the process (the Snapchat Story challenge was so fun!) and had a positive experience with every Snapchat employee I met, I found the waiting period (around 4 weeks) to hear back from my final interview to be very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't apparent on your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Snap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

About two months in total. First they asked for me to create a snapchat story and send it to them. Afterwards I was told to wait a week or two for the next step, which was an over the phone interview. After the phone interview, I was told to wait another week or two for the next step, an in house interview. I met with two different content analysts and by the end was told to give an analysis on two different "Our Stories" they had operating. Compare, contrast, etc. I was ten told to wait another week or two for another phone interview with their director. After the phone interview he told me they would be in touch with me about the next step of the interview process in about a week or two. After two weeks I was told they would be going with somebody else for the position.

Interview Questions

• Frequently asked me if I were to create my own story, what would my idea for them be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Story Challenge
    - Had to make a story and send it to Snapchat Team. 2 Days to get it done. 24H window to submit.
    Phone Interview
    On-Site Interview

One of the best recruiting experience I've ever had. All interviewers were extremely helpful and nice. The whole process was quite enjoyable and engaging. Emails are answered to very quickly. The recruiting team is really helpful.

Interview Questions

• What Story did you dislike in the past couple of weeks?   Answer Question

Content Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Snap in January 2015.

Interview

After reviewing my application, I was invited to participate in a Snapchat story challenge. After the challenge, I received a phone interview and then an on-site visit. Very fun process and awesome company culture.

Interview Questions

• What is something you noticed in the consistency of the our stories?   1 Answer

Content Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

applied online, then they asked me to send them a long snap story. After doing so I was asked for a 30 minute phone screening to get to know me. Mostly to test company culture. Then invited to Venice beach.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Snap (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was initially asked to do a creative project, creating a personal story on my timeline that showcased my use of the app. It was very easy and not stressful.
    After passing this portion of the process, I was asked to do a phone interview.
    I am not a stickler for courtesy by any means, but this interview was very unprofessional. The interviewer didn't seem to be in a quiet area and kept getting distracted by other people during our talk. The interviewer moved locations multiple times, and didn't seem focused when I answered questions.
    The interviewer also had not even watched the creative project I submitted. I hung up feeling as though I shouldn't have bothered.
    I was not surprised to find out shortly thereafter that I did not get an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked which stories I had seen in the app that stood out to me as well-crafted.   1 Answer

Content Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

Snap story challenge then phone interview then on sight interview. Met three people over 3 hours. They let me use software to create a campus story. Very young company that is still setting up departments and procedures as they go. Very collaborative environment.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about strengths and weaknesses, why you want the job, what's your experiences ect. Only question that was different was if you could rename snapchat without using the words snap or chat what would you name it?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Creating a Snapchat story of anything you choose and submitting it via Snapchat to an analyst, phone interview with a current content analyst, and an on-site interview with multiple content analysts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Venice, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very basic interview: they asked what I liked most about Snapchat, why I wanted to work there, what I could contribute, and where I thought the company would be in the next 5 years. Aside from that, I was also asked to "create" a new story based on submitted snaps for a particular campus. It was all fairly straight forward and they never asked any questions that threw me for a loop.

Interview Questions

• Which Story was your favorite, and which was the one you liked the least?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Venice, CA).

Interview

Got an email to ask me to submit a story, had a phone interview, an on site interview, and another phone interview. Never got a call for one of my scheduled phone interviews so had to reschedule. Not very transparent in regards to hiring process. No cookie cutter process -it's different for every candidate making it very confusing as to where you are in the process.