YMCA Interview Question: So Timmy comes in and he is n... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Youth Leader I Interview San Diego, CA

So Timmy comes in and he is normally a bubbly kid, but

today he comes in and he doesn't really want to talk or play with anyone and doesn't want to be bothered. Then you notice he has busing on his arm, (and it is required that you have to report anything about abusing), but what would you do? This one just caught me off guard. What would you do if a parent came to pick up their child and they were in our group but, you realized he wasn't there? It was a little difficult because there are a lot of things you could do in that situation.
Answer

Interview Answer

2 Answers

I would notify supervisor hi parent came to get him but he's not there and Wilkie other teachers to see if they've seen him. If not possible get another teacher to watch group while I look for him while asking other teachers if they've seen him and notifying supervisor that he's not there but his parent came to get him.

Anonymous on Jul 21, 2017

If possible I would contact other teachers by walkie talkie to ask if he is in their group. If they say no I would notify site supervisor that his parent came to pick him up and he is not there. If I can't contact them by walkie talkie I'll get another teacher to watch them while I notify site supervisor that his parents came to pick him up and he isn't there and asking other teachers if they've seen him

Anonymous on Jul 22, 2017

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.