Sobeys Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Sobeys Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.1

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Basic behavior questions, like what is your personality, what is your weakness, tell me about your previous employer. How did you handle the conflict with your boss, or your co-workers.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Had to complete a small test on rating my skills with different technologies followed by a behavioral interview. Easy questions as long as you are enthusiastic and prepared with specific examples.

Lead Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call from the store manager to schedule an interview a couple days later. It was one interview at the sobeys west head office, since the new store wasn't open yet.. the interview lasted about 30 minutes from what I recall. Basic questions, super general, just to get a feel for who you are. I was told I would hear back, when the decisions were made at the end of the following week.. never did, I had to chase down the manager for 3 days to try and find out what the status was, as I had other job offers.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Kanata, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call to schedule an interview a few weeks later. It was one interview at the store that lasted about 30 minutes from what I recall. Basic questions, super general, just to get a feel for who you are. A couple days passed and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Sobeys?
      Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself? etc.
      Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Behavioural based questions were asked for this process. Have you ever had an experience with...? What would you do if you get an irate customer? What would you say are your weaknesses?

Interview Questions

• Have you had to work in a team dynamic? Give an example of how you took part. Leader? Researcher? Etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Asked about hours available etc.. They made an offer and I accepted.

Front End Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (London, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was in a group interview that had 5 other people. We did 3 different exercises, first we independently created a 4 course meal made from foods in the flyer, then we got cards with scenarios of customer service issues and you just had to act out how you would fix it, then we all went on the floor and independently pretended an item was sold out and you had to sell the 'customer' a different product. Overall it was really positive and friendly and felt really relaxed. Although you have to be 16 to work there because of insurance, so I didn't get an offer.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in East York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (East York, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and couple of days later I received a call from the manager wishing to conduct a phone interview or questionnaire with me. She asked three questions on the phone. 1) Why are you applying to this specific store? 2) How would you approach customers? 3) What is customer service to you?

After the phone interview or questionnaire, the manager asked me to come to the store to have a face to face interview. Altogether the phone interview or questionnaire and the face to face interview took place within the week.

The face to face interview was very basic and lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you list out three of your strength?
      What is your definition of customer service?
      Answer Question

Procurement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Worst interview process ever.. received an email asking when I was available. I gave a few choices but no one ever confirmed anything... then I was called at the wrong time. Screening was pretty simple and to the point. I then received an email telling me when my in person interview was and what time.. didn't have a choice or anything. Interview was tough and painfully enduring and not very welcoming. I just wanted to walk out. Never received an email that I didn't get a job although I was told I would.. not likely to apply for any job there again. Probably one of the worst processes I've encountered.

Interview Questions

• What are our brands?   1 Answer
    • A lot of behavioral/situational questions...... just kept drilling for answers.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online.. got a call maybe 3 days later, was asked to come in for an interview the next day.
    After I got the call I searched up interview experiences on this and found out there were 2 types of interviews: Personal and Interactive
    I was hoping for a personal interview but instead it was a group interview-- there were 3 activities :
    - advertising a product in the flyer
    - making a meal from the flyer
    - customer service scenarios

So, I was obviously prepared since I read about that the previous night, did that and 3 days later got a call saying I got the job.
    I guess an interactive interview is better because it doesn't take a lot to determine whether you're capable of the job or not.

Best wishes to those that apply!

Interview Questions

• If a customer came complaining about a mushed watermelon, what would you do for them?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call 2 weeks later to come into the store for an interview. The interview was fast and she asked if I can work on weekends.