Sobeys Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.0

120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Whitby, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very easy, pretty much just have to be in good shape and have common sense. The average person would be fine, must be professional and punctual during the interview process

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

It truly was a long time ago but basically began working for a different company thay became another company and then Sobeys took over. I remember it being a 3 interview process but unfortunately cant remember too much else....I remember it being fair.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sobeys (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)).

Interview

It was a nice relaxed conversation. Shannon the manager made you feel very comfortable while asking very specific and detailed questions. The process took approximately half hour. But you never felt pressured or stressed it was so friendly

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

It was great. Very in depth and informative. Will be contacted through phone and emailed a contract. The panel were very welcoming and the process was a great experience from start to finish

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sobeys (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

the process took about 1 week, I interviewed at Oakville ON and the questions were very basic and easy to answer. At the end they gave me a booklet to fill out.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Took about a week to get called in for the interview took like 20 mins. Then a couple days to get a call back that I was hired and had to come in with bank info and SIN.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys in August 2017.

Interview

It was an interactive interview that lasted about an hour. Split into 3 parts of creating a meal from the recent flyer, try and sell them one of sobeys brand food and role playing how you would deal with a difficult customer.

Interview Questions

• Someone comes back with a rotten watermelon   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Applied online and then I got an email from the manager to come for an interview. It was very straightforward, I meet him right in the pharmacy. He introduced me to everyone then took me to the back office to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions

- Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called and asked to come in for an interview about 10 days after applying. I spoke to the store operator and multiple department managers, and everyone was really friendly and easygoing. I interviewed 1 on 1 with the front end department manager and it took about 20 minutes. Shortly afterwards I was contacted and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had a conflict with a colleague and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by another employee. I had submitted my resume via email and I was told by the other employee to come in for an interview. I was asked several questions about my previous employers and then immediately offered the job,

Interview Questions

• Name what you liked and didn't like about your previous employer.   Answer Question