Sobeys Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sobeys Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online.. got a call maybe 3 days later, was asked to come in for an interview the next day.
After I got the call I searched up interview experiences on this and found out there were 2 types of interviews: Personal and Interactive
I was hoping for a personal interview but instead it was a group interview-- there were 3 activities :
- advertising a product in the flyer
- making a meal from the flyer
- customer service scenarios

So, I was obviously prepared since I read about that the previous night, did that and 3 days later got a call saying I got the job.
I guess an interactive interview is better because it doesn't take a lot to determine whether you're capable of the job or not.

Best wishes to those that apply!

Interview Questions

• If a customer came complaining about a mushed watermelon, what would you do for them?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sobeys

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call 2 weeks later to come into the store for an interview. The interview was fast and she asked if I can work on weekends.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was called in for an interview after school. I met with manager of cashiers. Answered 3 or 4 questions which were not difficult and was then offered the job on the spot. I was then introduced to the General Manager and given papers to take home and fill out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sobeys in March 2016.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied online and then interviewed at the store. They were interested if i was going to work just for the summer or after that as well.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Their was only one interview, very easy questions, need to be prepared to go up against many different types of people and make yourself go above the competition, you should be able to get the job as long as you have a good head on your shoulders.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very quick and simple, sat down and talked and was asked to attend a group interview. Group interview consisted of multiple people where you had to role play customer service scenarios, sell them an already chosen food product, and create a meal plan.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, 2 weeks later was called for an interview. Met with the front end manager and another woman, very brief interview. Manager described the position and training, asked if I had any questions. Was told I'd get a call back later in the week.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sobeys (Fredericton, NB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a manager and her assistant. They were both very friendly and asked me questions about my experience, work ethic and availability. I answered all their questions as honestly and completely as I could.

I got a call the same day for a followup interview with the store owner. That interview was very much the same as the first, and ended with me being welcomed on board.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite recipe?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

1 fase: interview.
    2fase: dimanic.

3 fases. On the weeks flyer choose a menu, presented it and tell them why you choose it. The second was a role playing exercise in witch they give a situation and you have to use customer service on it (different scenario for person) . Third they give you a product and you have to explain the benefits to a client.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was applying for a Cashier position in one of their liquor stores. Their interview style fit the company and they took a laid back approach at this particular store.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from the other applicants to this position.   1 Answer