Sobeys Interview Questions in Edmonton, AB | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

1.9

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by another employee. I had submitted my resume via email and I was told by the other employee to come in for an interview. I was asked several questions about my previous employers and then immediately offered the job,

Interview Questions

• Name what you liked and didn't like about your previous employer.   Answer Question

Deli Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Very easy and clear. They called me for the interview, then both the store manager and the department manager interviewed me. They ask me about my experience and education. About NY customer service abilities. A few days later they called me to offer me the position.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was applying for a Cashier position in one of their liquor stores. Their interview style fit the company and they took a laid back approach at this particular store.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from the other applicants to this position.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very simple. Can either be a group interview or individual. I had an individual interview as I knew the manager from years earlier. Very easy and light questions. Paperwork is fast and easy. First shift is a lot of information so ask questions and voice your comfort level as a cashier. Ask for a shadow if you need one. Some places give you 3 training shifts, others don't.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any vegetable, what would it be and why?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Calm environment (no pressure). The questions started off simple and then got kind of hard. It was a one on one interview with the recruiter and the Manager of the department that I applied to came up and asked her own questions. The process concluded with a quick tour of were I would be working at in the department. Overall the interview was not difficult.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was called for an interview within a week. I met with the District Manager and Human Resources. I was interviewed at their head office in a conference room. It was quite comfortable. The questions were reasonable, although some of the perks and bonuses were not as easily obtained as suggested

Interview Questions

• Customer service and administration were the primary topics at the interview. The company relies heavily on its managers to complete and submit a significant amount of paperwork. My previous job had been focused on customer service, Sobeys would be a switch of priorities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had significant special and relevant skills and knowledge, negotiation was fairly simple.

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application, got a call in a week or so from the Meat Manager, scheduled an "interview". He basically asked if I would be grossed out or unable to work in cold areas, if I could lift and move stuff around, etc. Nothing related to me personally, just my abilities.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sobeys (Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

Was very quick. my employer was very nice, joking around, yet straight to the point.