Sobeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.1

Lead Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call from the store manager to schedule an interview a couple days later. It was one interview at the sobeys west head office, since the new store wasn't open yet.. the interview lasted about 30 minutes from what I recall. Basic questions, super general, just to get a feel for who you are. I was told I would hear back, when the decisions were made at the end of the following week.. never did, I had to chase down the manager for 3 days to try and find out what the status was, as I had other job offers.

Front End Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (London, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was in a group interview that had 5 other people. We did 3 different exercises, first we independently created a 4 course meal made from foods in the flyer, then we got cards with scenarios of customer service issues and you just had to act out how you would fix it, then we all went on the floor and independently pretended an item was sold out and you had to sell the 'customer' a different product. Overall it was really positive and friendly and felt really relaxed. Although you have to be 16 to work there because of insurance, so I didn't get an offer.

Procurement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Worst interview process ever.. received an email asking when I was available. I gave a few choices but no one ever confirmed anything... then I was called at the wrong time. Screening was pretty simple and to the point. I then received an email telling me when my in person interview was and what time.. didn't have a choice or anything. Interview was tough and painfully enduring and not very welcoming. I just wanted to walk out. Never received an email that I didn't get a job although I was told I would.. not likely to apply for any job there again. Probably one of the worst processes I've encountered.

Interview Questions

• What are our brands?   1 Answer
    • A lot of behavioral/situational questions...... just kept drilling for answers.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call 2 weeks later to come into the store for an interview. The interview was fast and she asked if I can work on weekends.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

got phone interview from HR. HR was nice and the questions are normal. Then asked to join the site interview. people are nice but some technical questions on site interview were tough.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? Why sobeys?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sobeys (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Group Interview of 12. First, we had to make a meal from items displayed on the Sobeys flyer within two minutes and describe it to everyone. Second, we had to select a product and try to sell it to the interviewer. Third, we had to enact different situations involving unsatisfied customers.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sobeys in March 2016.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied online and then interviewed at the store. They were interested if i was going to work just for the summer or after that as well.

Produce Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at Sobeys (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took more than 3 months. I was interviewed at 193 Metcalfe St. Ottawa,ON

- I find it difficult to believe that sometimes they're very picky in their hiring process. Just because some people aren't used to their hiring method doesn't mean they don't deserve to be hired. Probably the worst experience I've ever experienced . Luck of diversity that's all I can say for now.

Interview Questions

• If you ever received a call regarding to their job interview; know that it's either a group interview but I am not sure about one on one. They'll also ask general questions to get a feel of who you are. I Had to role play given situations. Even if I did compete against many people during the group interview with all flyers that we had to pick a meal or deserts to make from it but still I didn't meet their requirements which is a joke to me and to of that at least lie to people that will be giving them a call.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very quick and simple, sat down and talked and was asked to attend a group interview. Group interview consisted of multiple people where you had to role play customer service scenarios, sell them an already chosen food product, and create a meal plan.

Meat Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sobeys in January 2016.

Interview

There were supposed to be 4 interviewees at this Monday morning group interview. It started late as we waited for one no show. We were introduced to 3 managers and the owner. The 3 were: Administration Manager, Meat and Seafood Manager and a training manager. Interview was simple and positive. Told we would be called back on Thursday if we got the job. It's Friday. So it wasn't me.

Interview Questions

• We were given the Sobeys flyer and asked to create an appetizer, entrée and dessert with it.   1 Answer
    • Role play: I got a card and so did the manager. I was the worker. She was the customer. My card said: Sold out of chicken breast on busy Saturday and don't know when is next delivery. Management's Card: I guess she was an overreacting customer.   1 Answer