Sobeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.0

111 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Applied online and then I got an email from the manager to come for an interview. It was very straightforward, I meet him right in the pharmacy. He introduced me to everyone then took me to the back office to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions

- Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called and asked to come in for an interview about 10 days after applying. I spoke to the store operator and multiple department managers, and everyone was really friendly and easygoing. I interviewed 1 on 1 with the front end department manager and it took about 20 minutes. Shortly afterwards I was contacted and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had a conflict with a colleague and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by another employee. I had submitted my resume via email and I was told by the other employee to come in for an interview. I was asked several questions about my previous employers and then immediately offered the job,

Interview Questions

• Name what you liked and didn't like about your previous employer.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Basic behavior questions, like what is your personality, what is your weakness, tell me about your previous employer. How did you handle the conflict with your boss, or your co-workers.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Had to complete a small test on rating my skills with different technologies followed by a behavioral interview. Easy questions as long as you are enthusiastic and prepared with specific examples.

Lead Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call from the store manager to schedule an interview a couple days later. It was one interview at the sobeys west head office, since the new store wasn't open yet.. the interview lasted about 30 minutes from what I recall. Basic questions, super general, just to get a feel for who you are. I was told I would hear back, when the decisions were made at the end of the following week.. never did, I had to chase down the manager for 3 days to try and find out what the status was, as I had other job offers.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Kanata, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call to schedule an interview a few weeks later. It was one interview at the store that lasted about 30 minutes from what I recall. Basic questions, super general, just to get a feel for who you are. A couple days passed and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Sobeys?
      Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself? etc.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Behavioural based questions were asked for this process. Have you ever had an experience with...? What would you do if you get an irate customer? What would you say are your weaknesses?

Interview Questions

• Have you had to work in a team dynamic? Give an example of how you took part. Leader? Researcher? Etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Asked about hours available etc.. They made an offer and I accepted.

Front End Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (London, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was in a group interview that had 5 other people. We did 3 different exercises, first we independently created a 4 course meal made from foods in the flyer, then we got cards with scenarios of customer service issues and you just had to act out how you would fix it, then we all went on the floor and independently pretended an item was sold out and you had to sell the 'customer' a different product. Overall it was really positive and friendly and felt really relaxed. Although you have to be 16 to work there because of insurance, so I didn't get an offer.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in East York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (East York, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and couple of days later I received a call from the manager wishing to conduct a phone interview or questionnaire with me. She asked three questions on the phone. 1) Why are you applying to this specific store? 2) How would you approach customers? 3) What is customer service to you?

After the phone interview or questionnaire, the manager asked me to come to the store to have a face to face interview. Altogether the phone interview or questionnaire and the face to face interview took place within the week.

The face to face interview was very basic and lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you list out three of your strength?
      What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question