Sobeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.0

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

very long , many interview and test , they make you meet with some senior managers and HR, and everybody asks you many questions . you get to also meet with the team and visit the office. people were very friendly but now one responded to my follow up and it took them forever to get back to me

Procurement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Worst interview process ever.. received an email asking when I was available. I gave a few choices but no one ever confirmed anything... then I was called at the wrong time. Screening was pretty simple and to the point. I then received an email telling me when my in person interview was and what time.. didn't have a choice or anything. Interview was tough and painfully enduring and not very welcoming. I just wanted to walk out. Never received an email that I didn't get a job although I was told I would.. not likely to apply for any job there again. Probably one of the worst processes I've encountered.

Interview Questions

• What are our brands?   1 Answer
    • A lot of behavioral/situational questions...... just kept drilling for answers.   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys in May 2011.

Interview

Very extensive. Individual interviews initially and if you pass those (they'll tell you right away) then you move on to a huge group interview. Includes using their flyer to create a meal (in groups), getting given a product to "sell" to the rest of the group and getting put in pairs to role pay an angry customer and an employee. They called me personally nearly a week or so later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

It truly was a long time ago but basically began working for a different company thay became another company and then Sobeys took over. I remember it being a 3 interview process but unfortunately cant remember too much else....I remember it being fair.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

It was great. Very in depth and informative. Will be contacted through phone and emailed a contract. The panel were very welcoming and the process was a great experience from start to finish

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Applied online and then I got an email from the manager to come for an interview. It was very straightforward, I meet him right in the pharmacy. He introduced me to everyone then took me to the back office to conduct the interview.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Basic behavior questions, like what is your personality, what is your weakness, tell me about your previous employer. How did you handle the conflict with your boss, or your co-workers.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Behavioural based questions were asked for this process. Have you ever had an experience with...? What would you do if you get an irate customer? What would you say are your weaknesses?

Interview Questions

• Have you had to work in a team dynamic? Give an example of how you took part. Leader? Researcher? Etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Asked about hours available etc.. They made an offer and I accepted.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in East York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (East York, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and couple of days later I received a call from the manager wishing to conduct a phone interview or questionnaire with me. She asked three questions on the phone. 1) Why are you applying to this specific store? 2) How would you approach customers? 3) What is customer service to you?

After the phone interview or questionnaire, the manager asked me to come to the store to have a face to face interview. Altogether the phone interview or questionnaire and the face to face interview took place within the week.

The face to face interview was very basic and lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you list out three of your strength?
      What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was called for an interview within a week. I met with the District Manager and Human Resources. I was interviewed at their head office in a conference room. It was quite comfortable. The questions were reasonable, although some of the perks and bonuses were not as easily obtained as suggested

Interview Questions

• Customer service and administration were the primary topics at the interview. The company relies heavily on its managers to complete and submit a significant amount of paperwork. My previous job had been focused on customer service, Sobeys would be a switch of priorities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had significant special and relevant skills and knowledge, negotiation was fairly simple.