Sobeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Procurement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Worst interview process ever.. received an email asking when I was available. I gave a few choices but no one ever confirmed anything... then I was called at the wrong time. Screening was pretty simple and to the point. I then received an email telling me when my in person interview was and what time.. didn't have a choice or anything. Interview was tough and painfully enduring and not very welcoming. I just wanted to walk out. Never received an email that I didn't get a job although I was told I would.. not likely to apply for any job there again. Probably one of the worst processes I've encountered.

Interview Questions

• What are our brands?   1 Answer
    • A lot of behavioral/situational questions...... just kept drilling for answers.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

got phone interview from HR. HR was nice and the questions are normal. Then asked to join the site interview. people are nice but some technical questions on site interview were tough.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? Why sobeys?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sobeys (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Group Interview of 12. First, we had to make a meal from items displayed on the Sobeys flyer within two minutes and describe it to everyone. Second, we had to select a product and try to sell it to the interviewer. Third, we had to enact different situations involving unsatisfied customers.

Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I thought the interview went well. I was very confident, which reflected in my answers. They started by asking me general questions, then went on to ask specific questions about sobeys, and seafood department.

Category Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied it online. The first round is a phone interview with HR. Just some general questions like background, working experiences, salary expectation. Second round is with director and then did a mathematics test

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys in April 2015.

Interview

First, I handed in an application and resume to the store and received a call a few weeks later for an interview the next day. I dressed up nicely and went to the interview. It was my first ever interview so some questions took me a little by surprise but if you've been to an interview before it should be no problem. The interview didn't last very long. She asked me a series of questions from a sheet of paper (small package of papers) and filled my answers into the space provided. Since I have no previous working experience some of the questions were skipped since they were not applicable. All questions seemed appropriate and can be answered on the spot. After, she explained to me when I should expect a reply and how I would continue if I were successful (like uniform attire, training, scheduling etc) and then she walked me out.

I was told by my supposed to be future manager that I was very successful in the interview but my availability was not ideal.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Sobeys?
      What do you expect to get from the jobs you've applied to?
      What are you short term goals? Long term goals? Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Describe a time when...   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

received a call, told i was invited a to a group interview with the administrative manager and produce manager. Did an Ice-breaker, picked stuff from the flyer and acted out a role. not a typical job interview

Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

I was headhunted by HR and did not officially apply for the role. We had an phone conversation and she was very friendly and conversational. After finding out more about the position, we set up a meeting with the hiring manager.

I was interviewed by the hiring manager, HR and an HR intern. The feel was very casual and it was more a conversation than it was an interview. I talked about my background and experience, I can't remember any pointed questions. It was interesting (perhaps unprofessional a little) that in my questions and answers, it was commented that no one else had answered this way, and no other candidate had so many questions.

I knew someone in the team already and seemed like the expectation in the interview did not match up with actual experience. In the end, I did not meet with a second time, even though they were pushing me to as I was not ready to my current position. I was comfortable with HR to discuss options and my feelings however, despite her friendliness, after I told them of my decision not to proceed, I heard nothing else from them or the hiring manager.

Front End Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (London, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was in a group interview that had 5 other people. We did 3 different exercises, first we independently created a 4 course meal made from foods in the flyer, then we got cards with scenarios of customer service issues and you just had to act out how you would fix it, then we all went on the floor and independently pretended an item was sold out and you had to sell the 'customer' a different product. Overall it was really positive and friendly and felt really relaxed. Although you have to be 16 to work there because of insurance, so I didn't get an offer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sobeys in March 2016.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied online and then interviewed at the store. They were interested if i was going to work just for the summer or after that as well.