Sobeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.0

Grocery Clerk Interview

Interview

Walked in and provided my resume to the store manager. I was called and offered an interview. When I arrived for the interview it seemed as if I had already received the job and I was there for training.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Brought in application to customer service. Waited a few days, then decided to call in to ask about my application status. Talked to the manager and we set up an interview. Interview was easy, basic questions like "Tell me about yourself".

Meat Clerk Interview

Interview

It is very simple behavior-based questions. For example, give me a example in which you showed a good customer service experience and how did you greet customers and provided good service. It only took me 15 minutes to finish the interview. And the next day after interview, I got hired.

Clerk Interview

Interview

very good, self teaching aids for training and very in depth, not enough practical training time once you are on the job you are expected to perform at 100% far too quickly. mostly due to there not being enough wages in the budget to train extensively

Produce Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at Sobeys (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took more than 3 months. I was interviewed at 193 Metcalfe St. Ottawa,ON

- I find it difficult to believe that sometimes they're very picky in their hiring process. Just because some people aren't used to their hiring method doesn't mean they don't deserve to be hired. Probably the worst experience I've ever experienced . Luck of diversity that's all I can say for now.

Interview Questions

• If you ever received a call regarding to their job interview; know that it's either a group interview but I am not sure about one on one. They'll also ask general questions to get a feel of who you are. I Had to role play given situations. Even if I did compete against many people during the group interview with all flyers that we had to pick a meal or deserts to make from it but still I didn't meet their requirements which is a joke to me and to of that at least lie to people that will be giving them a call.   Answer Question

Lead Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call from the store manager to schedule an interview a couple days later. It was one interview at the sobeys west head office, since the new store wasn't open yet.. the interview lasted about 30 minutes from what I recall. Basic questions, super general, just to get a feel for who you are. I was told I would hear back, when the decisions were made at the end of the following week.. never did, I had to chase down the manager for 3 days to try and find out what the status was, as I had other job offers.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sobeys in May 2007.

Interview

I saw a ad in the paper in need of someone for produce and had previously been with Safeway so I had experiences. I then went in with my resume and meet the manager of the store as the produce manager wasn't in, and was basically asked about my experience and such with safeway and how it would relate to this job. I then got told to come back the next morning to talk to the produce manager who just basically got to know me and then asked how much I was looking for, and then he hired me.

Interview Questions

• were did you work before, and how does it relate to this position?   Answer Question

Cshier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sobeys in February 2008.

Interview

contacted front desk person, was taken to manager and asked very simple questions about work experiance.Was asked to call back later to set up appointment, manager was on vacation

Interview Questions

• What are some negative qualities you have seen in co workers   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

I thought my interview was pretty good. The manager from HR was following up with me few times before I got my offer. Yes. She was following up with me! It was pleasant experience from the beginnng to the end. It was my best interview ever.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I basically know the industrilal salary range for the kind of job I do, so I was offered the mid level of the salary range I provided.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys in May 2009.

Interview

manager just asked if I have cashier experience before? I said no...she said ok great we can start you fresh from scratch. do you drive? yes, are you able to hold up long night shifts, yes...great ok I need a void cheque and you need to get some black pants and black dress shoes...then she show me around the building...no test or anything like that.