Sobeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sobeys Interview Questions

2.1

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Produce Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at Sobeys (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took more than 3 months. I was interviewed at 193 Metcalfe St. Ottawa,ON

- I find it difficult to believe that sometimes they're very picky in their hiring process. Just because some people aren't used to their hiring method doesn't mean they don't deserve to be hired. Probably the worst experience I've ever experienced . Luck of diversity that's all I can say for now.

Interview Questions

• If you ever received a call regarding to their job interview; know that it's either a group interview but I am not sure about one on one. They'll also ask general questions to get a feel of who you are. I Had to role play given situations. Even if I did compete against many people during the group interview with all flyers that we had to pick a meal or deserts to make from it but still I didn't meet their requirements which is a joke to me and to of that at least lie to people that will be giving them a call.   Answer Question

Lead Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call from the store manager to schedule an interview a couple days later. It was one interview at the sobeys west head office, since the new store wasn't open yet.. the interview lasted about 30 minutes from what I recall. Basic questions, super general, just to get a feel for who you are. I was told I would hear back, when the decisions were made at the end of the following week.. never did, I had to chase down the manager for 3 days to try and find out what the status was, as I had other job offers.

Cshier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sobeys in February 2008.

Interview

contacted front desk person, was taken to manager and asked very simple questions about work experiance.Was asked to call back later to set up appointment, manager was on vacation

Interview Questions

• What are some negative qualities you have seen in co workers   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys in May 2009.

Interview

manager just asked if I have cashier experience before? I said no...she said ok great we can start you fresh from scratch. do you drive? yes, are you able to hold up long night shifts, yes...great ok I need a void cheque and you need to get some black pants and black dress shoes...then she show me around the building...no test or anything like that.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a group interview for Sobeys in their staff room. Very strange interview, it was broken into 3 parts, all mainly roll playing. One of the rolls was teaming up with another applicant, going through the weeks flyer and planning a meal...disaster. It would have been better if we could do the menu individually...and if the group interview didn't have almost 20 people. Many people didn't even have a chance to be seen or heard.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult....not your normal interview process.   Answer Question

Bakery Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

I did not make the interview process. They interviewed only the top picks and sent out emails to the rest of the pool. I had good interviews for any of the other positions i applied for. The interviews were of an appropriate length and had an appropriate number of people sitting in and asking questions.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very quick and simple, sat down and talked and was asked to attend a group interview. Group interview consisted of multiple people where you had to role play customer service scenarios, sell them an already chosen food product, and create a meal plan.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call 2 weeks later to come into the store for an interview. The interview was fast and she asked if I can work on weekends.

Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

Called and asked if I was still looking for work, and an interview was set up about a week later after I said yes. I was interviewed by 2 people for meat clerk, which I was not hired for, they called me another week later, asked if I still was looking for work, and offered me a job in seafood with no additional interview required. Questions were typical, "your weaknesses, a time when you handled a difficult situation, why do you want to work for sobeys" tell them what they want to hear, its a grocery store, its just a job, but they want to hear that your values are in line with the stores, and blah blah blah

Interview Questions

• Just behavioural questions that aren't necessary for such a basic job, "Tell me about a time you worked as part of a team. What was your role within the team, and how did you work together" Just say you were the leader and delegated to the other members, etc... Lie basically.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a response 2 days after for a group interview. Half of the group was sent on a tour of the grocery store while the rest participated in interactive behavioral sessions and vice versa.

Interactive session varies based on the scenario given to you. They consisted of selling an item of your choice, suggesting a meal out of certain food items given to you and behavioral scenarios. Would call back 2 days later to assess your progress. Manager commented on the answers, what should be done and reality of things. You also need to fill in your availability again and they will evaluate your answers. They may ask about your experiences too.

Interview Questions

• You are a cashier and it is a busy day. There are 6 customers in line and one hastily rushes in at the front of the line with 3 items, begging you to process the transactions quickly. What will you do?   1 Answer