Sobeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Applied online and then I got an email from the manager to come for an interview. It was very straightforward, I meet him right in the pharmacy. He introduced me to everyone then took me to the back office to conduct the interview.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sobeys (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Was a group interview, I only had two other people in my group. Was not that long, maybe no more than 30 minutes. We were just asked three questions and we all shared our answers.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very basic interview. Was asked questions about my previous jobs and what I was paid. A couple "What did you do when...." questions were asked and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by another employee. I had submitted my resume via email and I was told by the other employee to come in for an interview. I was asked several questions about my previous employers and then immediately offered the job,

Interview Questions

• Name what you liked and didn't like about your previous employer.   Answer Question

- Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called and asked to come in for an interview about 10 days after applying. I spoke to the store operator and multiple department managers, and everyone was really friendly and easygoing. I interviewed 1 on 1 with the front end department manager and it took about 20 minutes. Shortly afterwards I was contacted and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had a conflict with a colleague and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Basic behavior questions, like what is your personality, what is your weakness, tell me about your previous employer. How did you handle the conflict with your boss, or your co-workers.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

They ask you your typical questions of why you want to work there, what you have to offer, your availability, what you think customer service means? They also make you fill out a little math quiz

Lead Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call from the store manager to schedule an interview a couple days later. It was one interview at the sobeys west head office, since the new store wasn't open yet.. the interview lasted about 30 minutes from what I recall. Basic questions, super general, just to get a feel for who you are. I was told I would hear back, when the decisions were made at the end of the following week.. never did, I had to chase down the manager for 3 days to try and find out what the status was, as I had other job offers.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Had to complete a small test on rating my skills with different technologies followed by a behavioral interview. Easy questions as long as you are enthusiastic and prepared with specific examples.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very simple. Can either be a group interview or individual. I had an individual interview as I knew the manager from years earlier. Very easy and light questions. Paperwork is fast and easy. First shift is a lot of information so ask questions and voice your comfort level as a cashier. Ask for a shadow if you need one. Some places give you 3 training shifts, others don't.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any vegetable, what would it be and why?   1 Answer