Sobeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online.. got a call maybe 3 days later, was asked to come in for an interview the next day.
    After I got the call I searched up interview experiences on this and found out there were 2 types of interviews: Personal and Interactive
    I was hoping for a personal interview but instead it was a group interview-- there were 3 activities :
    - advertising a product in the flyer
    - making a meal from the flyer
    - customer service scenarios

So, I was obviously prepared since I read about that the previous night, did that and 3 days later got a call saying I got the job.
    I guess an interactive interview is better because it doesn't take a lot to determine whether you're capable of the job or not.

Best wishes to those that apply!

Interview Questions

• If a customer came complaining about a mushed watermelon, what would you do for them?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call 2 weeks later to come into the store for an interview. The interview was fast and she asked if I can work on weekends.

Deli Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Very easy and clear. They called me for the interview, then both the store manager and the department manager interviewed me. They ask me about my experience and education. About NY customer service abilities. A few days later they called me to offer me the position.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys in June 2016.

Interview

Applied in person, two weeks later got a phone call asking if I'd be interested in an interview. Had a one on one interview with very basic questions and small-talk. The interviewer talked about the feel of the workplace and job requirements, and told me they'd be in touch

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

got phone interview from HR. HR was nice and the questions are normal. Then asked to join the site interview. people are nice but some technical questions on site interview were tough.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? Why sobeys?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was called in for an interview after school. I met with manager of cashiers. Answered 3 or 4 questions which were not difficult and was then offered the job on the spot. I was then introduced to the General Manager and given papers to take home and fill out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sobeys (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Group Interview of 12. First, we had to make a meal from items displayed on the Sobeys flyer within two minutes and describe it to everyone. Second, we had to select a product and try to sell it to the interviewer. Third, we had to enact different situations involving unsatisfied customers.

HMR Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, received a phone interview and was then invited for a small group interview of 4 people. I arrived, one person didn't show so we went on without them though we gave plenty of time to arrive. There were two interviewers who each were very informative and professional.

Interview Questions

• Handed out queue cards to each of us then we roleplayed about a customer approaching us with complaints.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sobeys in March 2016.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied online and then interviewed at the store. They were interested if i was going to work just for the summer or after that as well.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very brief, not really organized. Did not get to meet who I would actually be working for. Only had one interview then received job offer by email. There was no discussion about benefits, vacation and the salary offered was lower than what had been discussed in the one interview. After emailing a rely, never heard back from HR about negotiating or having further discussions. They still couldn't even tell me who I would be working for.