Sobeys Produce Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sobeys Produce Clerk Interview Questions

1.9

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sobeys (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Group Interview of 12. First, we had to make a meal from items displayed on the Sobeys flyer within two minutes and describe it to everyone. Second, we had to select a product and try to sell it to the interviewer. Third, we had to enact different situations involving unsatisfied customers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sobeys

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They will call you in for an interview. During the interview, you will meet with your manager and discuss things such as your availability and fit questions to determine if you'll fit in with them.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about behaviour and when you could start.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

2 stages. Stage 1 was quick interview asked basic questions. Step 2 was harder. Step 2 had 3 stations. Station 1: role play, station 2: sell this to me, station 3: make a meal from menu items

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your work experience, why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (London, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was prepared for a full interview, with lots of questions about who I am and what I could bring to the company. I was disappointed to find out that they were only meeting with the people who applied so that they could decide who they were interested in most for the follow up interview. They explained what they job was, and their responsibilities. Then questioned about my work experience and availability.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous work experience? Do you have any questions for us? Those were the only two questions asked.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sobeys (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied
    In-person

Interview Process
    Either a group interview or an one on one. Applicants general reviewed by department managers. Discuss which department you would like to work in and best fit. They'll also ask general questions to get a feel of who you are. I Had to role play given situations. (Good ice breaking activity) This was chance for me to show my character.

On one one Process
    Ask general interview questions to gain a wide understanding of you. If liked should receive the job on the spot or the next day.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Calm environment (no pressure). The questions started off simple and then got kind of hard. It was a one on one interview with the recruiter and the Manager of the department that I applied to came up and asked her own questions. The process concluded with a quick tour of were I would be working at in the department. Overall the interview was not difficult.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sobeys (Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

Was very quick. my employer was very nice, joking around, yet straight to the point.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Walked in with resume, walked with manager around store to outline experiences on resume related to job. Told to come in following week to fill out application and bank information to start job immediately

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was a joke, I had previous experience in the industry and I pretty much got hired without any questions. Just had to say I had experience and look good.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with customer service working part of a team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, you start at minimum wage and get small nickle and dime raises after hundreds of hours of work. If you want the job, take it, otherwise don't.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2008.

Interview

Resume submitted
    Called in within 3 days for interview
    Offered the job within 3 days
    Very quick and effective, not left waiting for a response for too long

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unionized, no negotiating