Sobeys Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.0

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Took about a week to get called in for the interview took like 20 mins. Then a couple days to get a call back that I was hired and had to come in with bank info and SIN.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

- Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called and asked to come in for an interview about 10 days after applying. I spoke to the store operator and multiple department managers, and everyone was really friendly and easygoing. I interviewed 1 on 1 with the front end department manager and it took about 20 minutes. Shortly afterwards I was contacted and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had a conflict with a colleague and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in East York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (East York, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and couple of days later I received a call from the manager wishing to conduct a phone interview or questionnaire with me. She asked three questions on the phone. 1) Why are you applying to this specific store? 2) How would you approach customers? 3) What is customer service to you?

After the phone interview or questionnaire, the manager asked me to come to the store to have a face to face interview. Altogether the phone interview or questionnaire and the face to face interview took place within the week.

The face to face interview was very basic and lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you list out three of your strength?
      What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question

Procurement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Worst interview process ever.. received an email asking when I was available. I gave a few choices but no one ever confirmed anything... then I was called at the wrong time. Screening was pretty simple and to the point. I then received an email telling me when my in person interview was and what time.. didn't have a choice or anything. Interview was tough and painfully enduring and not very welcoming. I just wanted to walk out. Never received an email that I didn't get a job although I was told I would.. not likely to apply for any job there again. Probably one of the worst processes I've encountered.

Interview Questions

• What are our brands?   1 Answer
    • A lot of behavioral/situational questions...... just kept drilling for answers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online.. got a call maybe 3 days later, was asked to come in for an interview the next day.
    After I got the call I searched up interview experiences on this and found out there were 2 types of interviews: Personal and Interactive
    I was hoping for a personal interview but instead it was a group interview-- there were 3 activities :
    - advertising a product in the flyer
    - making a meal from the flyer
    - customer service scenarios

So, I was obviously prepared since I read about that the previous night, did that and 3 days later got a call saying I got the job.
    I guess an interactive interview is better because it doesn't take a lot to determine whether you're capable of the job or not.

Best wishes to those that apply!

Interview Questions

• If a customer came complaining about a mushed watermelon, what would you do for them?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call 2 weeks later to come into the store for an interview. The interview was fast and she asked if I can work on weekends.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

got phone interview from HR. HR was nice and the questions are normal. Then asked to join the site interview. people are nice but some technical questions on site interview were tough.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? Why sobeys?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was called in for an interview after school. I met with manager of cashiers. Answered 3 or 4 questions which were not difficult and was then offered the job on the spot. I was then introduced to the General Manager and given papers to take home and fill out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied in person at a job fair; immediate face-to-face interview; got selected on the spot for a group interview for another day; interactive group interview lasted an hour with three sections - role play to deal with a difficult customer, suggest a meal plan with the flyer, promote sales of company products. Got a call that I was selected and to come in to fill some paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weakness and how would you use them to work here?   Answer Question

National Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview
    2. In person interview at the office with the director, very standard interview, had a 30min Excel test at the end
    3. In person interview at the office with the team, very relaxed

Interview Questions

• 1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      2. Greatest success   Answer Question