Socalgas Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Socalgas (Pico Rivera, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

After about a month after applying online, got an offer for an interview at Pico Rivera location.
Questions were all STAR and behavioral questions. Four questions were more involved questions about your experiences, and 3 were more simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use and improve upon any kind of data.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Socalgas

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Socalgas (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I'm from Northern CA and was invited to interview at the Gas Tower in mid June. They didn't offer reimbursement for traveling so I had to make my own accommodations at my own expense. I asked people I knew who had interviewed at the company before and they said their HR department is slow. This was backed by the comments on this page.

It was a panel interview with three leads, standard HR questions, and asking about my experience. Each one took turns asking questions. I felt comfortable and the leads were nice. One of the things I brought up was their hiring process and they said it was slow. The lead who invited me to the interview said he would call when he had something. Almost three months have passed and I haven't heard anything. I followed up with them twice to ask for any update. No reply. At this point I figure I've been ghosted. First time for everything. It's incredibly rude to invite someone to interview with you only to leave them in limbo. This is true for people who have to travel or are local. Don't invite someone who isn't even from the area to interview with you, if you can't even have the decency to turn them down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Socalgas (Redlands, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an on-site interview at the Redland facility and was interviewed by three engineers. One was the engineering supervisor at that particular facility and the other two were engineers with around 1 - 2 years of experience with the company. They did a great job to make me feel comfortable and were very professional. I received a call later that day and set up an informal follow up meeting with my interviewers. This was a chance for them to get to know me more in a more casual setting and I was able to ask more about the position and the company. I then received a phone call around 1 to 2 weeks later, being informed that I did not get the position.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Socalgas (Compton, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 engineers and it last 1 hour and a half. Each person interviewing me asked me 2 questions and I had technical questions at the end. Technical questions included around 4 questions, all in Excel.

Interview Questions

• 1. Adaptability: One time you have worked with someone with a strong personality and how did you manage to work with them?
      2. Integrity: When have you worked in a team and how did you manage to establish integrity?
      3. It’s hard to practice what you preach. Tell us one time when you’ve had trouble doing something you tell others to do.
      4. A time when you have had to step back and look at the bigger picture, instead of looking at smaller things.
      5. When have you worked in teams and learned from others.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Socalgas in May 2009.

Interview

it was the freshest

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer