Socalgas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Socalgas (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a phone screen followed by an in-person interview. The phone screen included more technical, job-specific questions and the in person interview focused more on the soft skills.

Web and Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Socalgas (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was given a fairly brief group phone call interview. Everyone was very pleasant to speak with and to the point. I appreciate people who know the industry and are confident in their respective roles.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Socalgas (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The way SoCal Gas set up the assessment test is ridiculous. I felt like I was taking the SAT, but only worst. This company is basically the gas company version of McKinsey & Company Inc. They only hire the smartest people also known as the people with the most talent.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview

I first submitted an online application. Then I scheduled a preliminary, behavioral, phone call with an HR representative, I was then sent an online personality test. After this all, I received an invitation for a half-day interview at the office. The interview was primarily behavioral and I spoke to several managers in different departments.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview

About 30 minutes. Basic questions asked for no experience . Such as tell me about yourself , what do we do in this company? Talked to two people during the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Socalgas (Anaheim, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied at a job fair on a university campus. Received a phone call within a week asking to schedule an interview. Interview was approximately a week later. I was interviewed by two employees, based off of predetermined questions using the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you encountered a difficult person to work with   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Socalgas (Redlands, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The company hiring process is intensely involved with connection / internal networking. Personality Quiz was sent out to top candidates before an in-person interview is conducted. Panel interview with 1 supervisor and 2 regional associate engineers. Around 10 questions asked mostly focused on factual + behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Socalgas (Downey, CA).

Interview

The hiring process began with a college recruiter being interested in your resume, passing it along to hiring managers that may or may not call you based on your qualifications. Most likely, you resume enters the employment system at SoCal Gas where, as positions become available, various hiring managers will find your resume and call you in for an interview. First step is an online personality test. In-person interview was a group/panel setting and questions asked were all behavioral question: focus on team building, toughest challenge, leadership ability.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were relatively of the same difficulty level - no real standouts   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview

Actually I attended a job fair in my university and submitted my resume for the IT intern position in Southern California gas company. After a few weeks I got a mail from Mr.Kevin Thomas regarding the interview process. The online assessment was very simple, after which a 45 min interview was scheduled by Mr.Smith and I was interviewed by Mrs.Karen and the questions were based on past experience and a quick introduction about myself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about a group project where your knowledge played a major role for its success?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Socalgas (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Referred to work as an intern through a mutual friend. The interview was comprehensive and detailed with many questions about why I was qualified to work considering I had no previous job experience. After the interview process, I had to talk extensively with HR to make sure I met all qualification and made sure I had all the information I would need sent to me prior to my first day.

Interview Questions

• Without any previous work experience, how will we know that you will deliver for our company?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Socalgas (Compton, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Got interviewed for Associate Engineer twice among 3 years. First time just one interview at Energy Resource Center in Downey, and no second interview. Second time I got the second interview at Compton. Basically for all interviews, just tell me about yourself, why we should hire you and all other behavioral questions in a SHARE format. I doubt how much my answers to these behavioral questions can affect their hiring decisions. Especially for the second time, I didn't prepare much but I was selected for the second interview; while I didn't get the offer after a great performance on the second interview. In my experience, their hiring decisions are a little random.