Socalgas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Socalgas (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The way SoCal Gas set up the assessment test is ridiculous. I felt like I was taking the SAT, but only worst. This company is basically the gas company version of McKinsey & Company Inc. They only hire the smartest people also known as the people with the most talent.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Socalgas (Pico Rivera, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

After about a month after applying online, got an offer for an interview at Pico Rivera location.
    Questions were all STAR and behavioral questions. Four questions were more involved questions about your experiences, and 3 were more simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use and improve upon any kind of data.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Socalgas (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I'm from Northern CA and was invited to interview at the Gas Tower in mid June. They didn't offer reimbursement for traveling so I had to make my own accommodations at my own expense. I asked people I knew who had interviewed at the company before and they said their HR department is slow. This was backed by the comments on this page.

It was a panel interview with three leads, standard HR questions, and asking about my experience. Each one took turns asking questions. I felt comfortable and the leads were nice. One of the things I brought up was their hiring process and they said it was slow. The lead who invited me to the interview said he would call when he had something. Almost three months have passed and I haven't heard anything. I followed up with them twice to ask for any update. No reply. At this point I figure I've been ghosted. First time for everything. It's incredibly rude to invite someone to interview with you only to leave them in limbo. This is true for people who have to travel or are local. Don't invite someone who isn't even from the area to interview with you, if you can't even have the decency to turn them down.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Socalgas (Anaheim, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied at a job fair on a university campus. Received a phone call within a week asking to schedule an interview. Interview was approximately a week later. I was interviewed by two employees, based off of predetermined questions using the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you encountered a difficult person to work with   Answer Question

Environmetnal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Socalgas (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application with my resume. Received an email to take a personality test then got a second email to set up the interview. There was a panel of two supervisors and a another employee. It was casual and I thought I did well until I tried to follow up and never heard anything back from them.

Interview Questions

• How are your experience relevant to the duties you'll be performing for this position?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Socalgas (Redlands, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an on-site interview at the Redland facility and was interviewed by three engineers. One was the engineering supervisor at that particular facility and the other two were engineers with around 1 - 2 years of experience with the company. They did a great job to make me feel comfortable and were very professional. I received a call later that day and set up an informal follow up meeting with my interviewers. This was a chance for them to get to know me more in a more casual setting and I was able to ask more about the position and the company. I then received a phone call around 1 to 2 weeks later, being informed that I did not get the position.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Socalgas (Compton, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Got interviewed for Associate Engineer twice among 3 years. First time just one interview at Energy Resource Center in Downey, and no second interview. Second time I got the second interview at Compton. Basically for all interviews, just tell me about yourself, why we should hire you and all other behavioral questions in a SHARE format. I doubt how much my answers to these behavioral questions can affect their hiring decisions. Especially for the second time, I didn't prepare much but I was selected for the second interview; while I didn't get the offer after a great performance on the second interview. In my experience, their hiring decisions are a little random.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Socalgas (Anaheim, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

two interviewers where there for me. All type of behavioral questions. Their working environment there is to be friendly so try to twist you questions around to fit their working motto of working environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your urgent situation at work or school and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview

The process was a little odd as far as the standard. You are asked to do an assessment test and if you pass the test, you are then ask for a list of 4 or more reference. This is prior to an actual interview. Usually, you are asked for your references after the interview and if they would like to move to the next step and or consider you for the position. I was finally called in after the reference checks and the interview was quite exhausting. You are asked the standard HR hypothetical questions and later questions regarding your resume. I later found out that the person interviewing me was not the hiring manager. But someone at the same level as the position I was interviewing for at the company. A little strange. After the interview, I had time to think about whether I wanted to work there and I'm a little hesitate. That is why I wished they hadn't done the references prior to this step. Because I put my contacts through a lot of work with time a effort for a position I'm not sure I'm interesting in after the interview. However, the people in the general area at the company seem pretty nice.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Socalgas (Compton, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 engineers and it last 1 hour and a half. Each person interviewing me asked me 2 questions and I had technical questions at the end. Technical questions included around 4 questions, all in Excel.

Interview Questions

• 1. Adaptability: One time you have worked with someone with a strong personality and how did you manage to work with them?
      2. Integrity: When have you worked in a team and how did you manage to establish integrity?
      3. It’s hard to practice what you preach. Tell us one time when you’ve had trouble doing something you tell others to do.
      4. A time when you have had to step back and look at the bigger picture, instead of looking at smaller things.
      5. When have you worked in teams and learned from others.   Answer Question