Socalgas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.6

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Socalgas (Redlands, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an on-site interview at the Redland facility and was interviewed by three engineers. One was the engineering supervisor at that particular facility and the other two were engineers with around 1 - 2 years of experience with the company. They did a great job to make me feel comfortable and were very professional. I received a call later that day and set up an informal follow up meeting with my interviewers. This was a chance for them to get to know me more in a more casual setting and I was able to ask more about the position and the company. I then received a phone call around 1 to 2 weeks later, being informed that I did not get the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview

About 30 minutes. Basic questions asked for no experience . Such as tell me about yourself , what do we do in this company? Talked to two people during the interview process.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Socalgas (Compton, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Got interviewed for Associate Engineer twice among 3 years. First time just one interview at Energy Resource Center in Downey, and no second interview. Second time I got the second interview at Compton. Basically for all interviews, just tell me about yourself, why we should hire you and all other behavioral questions in a SHARE format. I doubt how much my answers to these behavioral questions can affect their hiring decisions. Especially for the second time, I didn't prepare much but I was selected for the second interview; while I didn't get the offer after a great performance on the second interview. In my experience, their hiring decisions are a little random.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Socalgas (Anaheim, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

two interviewers where there for me. All type of behavioral questions. Their working environment there is to be friendly so try to twist you questions around to fit their working motto of working environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your urgent situation at work or school and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

IT Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Socalgas (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Typically a phone screen is conducted first followed by an in-person interview.
    The in-person interview consisted of a panel of 4-5 people in various levels of management. The overall process lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you encountered in your work experience and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview

The process was a little odd as far as the standard. You are asked to do an assessment test and if you pass the test, you are then ask for a list of 4 or more reference. This is prior to an actual interview. Usually, you are asked for your references after the interview and if they would like to move to the next step and or consider you for the position. I was finally called in after the reference checks and the interview was quite exhausting. You are asked the standard HR hypothetical questions and later questions regarding your resume. I later found out that the person interviewing me was not the hiring manager. But someone at the same level as the position I was interviewing for at the company. A little strange. After the interview, I had time to think about whether I wanted to work there and I'm a little hesitate. That is why I wished they hadn't done the references prior to this step. Because I put my contacts through a lot of work with time a effort for a position I'm not sure I'm interesting in after the interview. However, the people in the general area at the company seem pretty nice.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview

Actually I attended a job fair in my university and submitted my resume for the IT intern position in Southern California gas company. After a few weeks I got a mail from Mr.Kevin Thomas regarding the interview process. The online assessment was very simple, after which a 45 min interview was scheduled by Mr.Smith and I was interviewed by Mrs.Karen and the questions were based on past experience and a quick introduction about myself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about a group project where your knowledge played a major role for its success?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Socalgas (Compton, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 engineers and it last 1 hour and a half. Each person interviewing me asked me 2 questions and I had technical questions at the end. Technical questions included around 4 questions, all in Excel.

Interview Questions

• 1. Adaptability: One time you have worked with someone with a strong personality and how did you manage to work with them?
      2. Integrity: When have you worked in a team and how did you manage to establish integrity?
      3. It’s hard to practice what you preach. Tell us one time when you’ve had trouble doing something you tell others to do.
      4. A time when you have had to step back and look at the bigger picture, instead of looking at smaller things.
      5. When have you worked in teams and learned from others.
      Answer Question

Meter Reader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview

Two rounds of tests to weed out the applicants to the number they need. Then send you off to two weeks of training, and if you pass that then there is another week of training. If you pass all of that, then you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Would you go skydiving if you had the chance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview

Testing, typing test, panel interview, background check, drug test and physical. I got called to do an interview with two supervisors. I don't recall the questions. Process was fairly quick