Société Générale Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Société Générale Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was 30 mins first round. The nature of the round was behavioral and resume based. 20 mins interviewer interviewed n later told about the company. Later after the first round one round was telephonic round. Second round came after 3 weeks after the first round but the round is easy to crack.

Interview Questions

• General Behavioral questions like tell about yourself past experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Société Générale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Approached by a third party hiring agency for opening in SG. Has 2 functional and 1 HR rounds.
    Was informed end of day that i was selected and HR will get in touch for offer roll out.

Received mail from recruitment team next day regarding documents(salary slips and ID proofs)

Been a month and still no information despite repeated mails to the relevant person.

Please don't invite people for a full day interview to your premises if you want to select and then not give offers.Got the feeling that they do not have the openings and have just called people for walkin.
    Even that is understandable but at least have the courtesy to inform that the position is closed for whatever reason

Interview Questions

• Basics of capital markets and about work experience   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Business questions nor very difficult, it's mainly on your previous job experience. No tough questions or comments. No more commnets can be added for the interview process as it's not a long process and not very short as well, hope this is sufficient to write here

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

They invited on a Friday for a scheduled interview. The first round was very easy & only capital market basics were asked. The second round was more in-depth & lasted for around an hour. The HR told that I cleared the 2nd round & they would schedule Managerial round. However, it's been 3 days & there is no communication from the HR yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between common stock & preferred stock.
      Explain in-the-money, at-the-money & out-of-the-money concept in options.
      Explain swap.
      Explain pay-off of Put option with example.
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

There are three rounds of interview. 1h for each. All three take around 3 weeks. The last one is HR interview. The whole process was relaxd, maybe it's related to the job function. Easy questions about financial market, basic knowledge. The interviewer are very kind.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tbilisi (Georgia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Tbilisi (Georgia)) in December 2014.

Interview

first stage - interview with direct manager, next was HR. Manager asked me regarding previous workplaces, tasks i was running, projects, achievements and other stuff. Then they made me an offer i couldn't say no to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated regarding time to leave past job and move to this one. They accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

first round was apti,then they short-listed some based on the results
    second round was interview with a senior manager
    last round was HR round

Interview Questions

• the process was very good,they are very helpful
      they asked basic banking related questions
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

The initial communication was initiated by a call from the recruiter followed by a 1 on 1 with one of the managers of a specific team in the organization. Post which a call with the HR was arranged prior to providing the offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale in March 2009.

Interview

Not much anybody with exposure to banking can be hired. Know basics of banking and the project one has worked on. Show bit on project management and communication and you are sure shot for HR round. It is a slow paced company so do not expect much on day to day work.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in April 2012.

Interview

Très long - Valorisant - Personnalisé - Rigoureux
    Premières de contact par téléphone puis entretien en anglais encore par téléphone. Puis rendez vous sur place dans la salle de marché. Impresionnant et surtout stimulant, ça donne envie d'y travailler. Puis encore deux entretiens séparés avec le responsable du département puis avec le directeur du département. Peu de questions techniques, plutôt des questions sur le Comportement et les aspiratiosn professionnelles. Après quatre entretiens , le temps parait long et ils prennent leur temps.
    Mais, dans l'ensemble, une fois accepté, cela n'est plus qu'un lointain désagrément.

Interview Questions

• Quelles sont les raisons principales qui me motivent à travailler à la SGIB?   Answer Question