Société Générale Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was 30 mins first round. The nature of the round was behavioral and resume based. 20 mins interviewer interviewed n later told about the company. Later after the first round one round was telephonic round. Second round came after 3 weeks after the first round but the round is easy to crack.

Interview Questions

• General Behavioral questions like tell about yourself past experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Société Générale

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

F2F Interview happened. One panel member was interviewing the candidate. Almost 5 candidates attended the interview. Post 1st round , then mentioned that they would intimate for further rounds. The job profile was mainly based on investment banking concepts

Interview Questions

• What is investment banking
      What is correspondence banking   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Approached by a third party hiring agency for opening in SG. Has 2 functional and 1 HR rounds.
    Was informed end of day that i was selected and HR will get in touch for offer roll out.

Received mail from recruitment team next day regarding documents(salary slips and ID proofs)

Been a month and still no information despite repeated mails to the relevant person.

Please don't invite people for a full day interview to your premises if you want to select and then not give offers.Got the feeling that they do not have the openings and have just called people for walkin.
    Even that is understandable but at least have the courtesy to inform that the position is closed for whatever reason

Interview Questions

• Basics of capital markets and about work experience   3 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale in June 2016.

Interview

The Worst HR Everseen.I got a call from.HR telling that an opening for BA.I told her that I already had an offer and I'm interested to join to SG than other.I had one Telephonic and after a week she called me for F2F.who doesn't know how to speak English,imagine Interviewing me for BA role.he asked some random questions what's ur ambition what is ur Goal..Than after just 5min he asked to leave and told me that i will Inform HR.Than HR did not responded me.When I called her she gave a reason as we cannot take u since u had already an offer.What kind of answer..Very Bad nd unprofessional behavior..My sincere advise to Management to look after these people who r damaging the reputation in ground level..I heard the most of the people are Fake certified experience candidate's.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Business questions nor very difficult, it's mainly on your previous job experience. No tough questions or comments. No more commnets can be added for the interview process as it's not a long process and not very short as well, hope this is sufficient to write here

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

They invited on a Friday for a scheduled interview. The first round was very easy & only capital market basics were asked. The second round was more in-depth & lasted for around an hour. The HR told that I cleared the 2nd round & they would schedule Managerial round. However, it's been 3 days & there is no communication from the HR yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between common stock & preferred stock.
      Explain in-the-money, at-the-money & out-of-the-money concept in options.
      Explain swap.
      Explain pay-off of Put option with example.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

There are three rounds of interview. 1h for each. All three take around 3 weeks. The last one is HR interview. The whole process was relaxd, maybe it's related to the job function. Easy questions about financial market, basic knowledge. The interviewer are very kind.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tbilisi (Georgia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Tbilisi (Georgia)) in December 2014.

Interview

first stage - interview with direct manager, next was HR. Manager asked me regarding previous workplaces, tasks i was running, projects, achievements and other stuff. Then they made me an offer i couldn't say no to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated regarding time to leave past job and move to this one. They accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

first round was apti,then they short-listed some based on the results
    second round was interview with a senior manager
    last round was HR round

Interview Questions

• the process was very good,they are very helpful
      they asked basic banking related questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

The initial communication was initiated by a call from the recruiter followed by a 1 on 1 with one of the managers of a specific team in the organization. Post which a call with the HR was arranged prior to providing the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your past experience in the field.   1 Answer