Société Générale Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

Apply through school, skype interview. The interviewer came from sales&trading and did not ask me a lot of resume questions and technical questions. The interviewer is nice but I think we stuck in the same question for too long and he did not have time to ask me other questions.

Interview Questions

• If you have a certain amount of money, how would you invest it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Société Générale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Average interview, asked me typical interview questions. (Tell me more about yourself, in which school do you go to, what are you strengths...).
    The negative point is that the HR is not very cooperative and does not tell you if you get the position or not, you have to wait for weeks and to follow up so that they finally inform you about their decision.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on University website, received email from HR to fill out online application, spoke with senior management, spoke with associate. feedback was very prompt, hr was very friendly and helpful. interviewers are friendly.

Interview Questions

• -tell me about yourself
      -how do you stay organized
      -how do you ensure efficiency/prioritize work
      -what do you want to do in the next 5 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for an on campus interview. Got one. 30 minute behavior interview (tell me about yourself, why soc gen). The got invited to superday in NYC. Two twenty minute, behavioral interviews, depending on what departments you interview with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Three interviews. First one was on-campus with 3 interviewers as a group. Then a phone interview with someone at the NJ office. Then Super Day at the Chicago office. Generally easy questions, a few technicals about computer science from one of the interviewers regarding object-orientation and regression. Got asked to explain the difference between investment banks and commercial banks.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview, several rounds

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Got interview from college alumnus referral. First one phone about 30 mins. Then two onsite interviews. The first one was pure technical which lasted 2 hours. The last on side interview was only about half an hour meeting only one person. A lot of VBA and options questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Sent in an online application. Was interviewed with HR recruiter that screened interests and aligned me with appropriate department interviewer. Interviewed with an executive. He loved me. Got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted what was given. Interns shouldn't be trying to weasel a few more bucks without proving their worth.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in April 2017.

Interview

i saw this position on wechat, some person posted in a group. I sent an e-mail and got a phone call next day. They gave me an appointment for interview. It's a technical interview. I was given a computer and needed to figure out some vba problem. It was taken 75 minutes. No introduction, no other questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in March 2016.

Interview

I didn't have a HR interview since I was recommanded by a former team member of the project.

Direct interview with the managers. We talked about my past experience for about 20mins.

Then they describe the position and asked if I had any questions about the missions.

I had a few (since the former employee already presented me the project) and the interviewer knew that I was prepared for the interview.