Société Générale Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Sent in an online application. Was interviewed with HR recruiter that screened interests and aligned me with appropriate department interviewer. Interviewed with an executive. He loved me. Got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted what was given. Interns shouldn't be trying to weasel a few more bucks without proving their worth.

Other Interview Reviews for Société Générale

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Got interview from college alumnus referral. First one phone about 30 mins. Then two onsite interviews. The first one was pure technical which lasted 2 hours. The last on side interview was only about half an hour meeting only one person. A lot of VBA and options questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable

Intern Interview

Interview

Apply through school, skype interview. The interviewer came from sales&trading and did not ask me a lot of resume questions and technical questions. The interviewer is nice but I think we stuck in the same question for too long and he did not have time to ask me other questions.

Interview Questions

• If you have a certain amount of money, how would you invest it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in April 2017.

Interview

i saw this position on wechat, some person posted in a group. I sent an e-mail and got a phone call next day. They gave me an appointment for interview. It's a technical interview. I was given a computer and needed to figure out some vba problem. It was taken 75 minutes. No introduction, no other questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Average interview, asked me typical interview questions. (Tell me more about yourself, in which school do you go to, what are you strengths...).
    The negative point is that the HR is not very cooperative and does not tell you if you get the position or not, you have to wait for weeks and to follow up so that they finally inform you about their decision.

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in February 2016.

Interview

2 entretiens avec deux opérationnels dont le head de l'équipe.
    Entretien très agreable et detendu.
    Beaucoup de fit. Peu de techniques. Deux brains teasers : 15h15 à ma montre combien de degrès séparent les deux aiguilles et le brain teaser du cube plongé dans la peinture

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)).

Interview

Simplement via le forum de l'Ecole, jai rencontré une personne, j'ai filé mon cv, et j'ai été contacté une semaine plus tard pojr un zntretien sur place. . . . . .

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on University website, received email from HR to fill out online application, spoke with senior management, spoke with associate. feedback was very prompt, hr was very friendly and helpful. interviewers are friendly.

Interview Questions

• -tell me about yourself
      -how do you stay organized
      -how do you ensure efficiency/prioritize work
      -what do you want to do in the next 5 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for an on campus interview. Got one. 30 minute behavior interview (tell me about yourself, why soc gen). The got invited to superday in NYC. Two twenty minute, behavioral interviews, depending on what departments you interview with.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Had a couple of phone interviews, Super Day is coming up next week. I am applying to the New York office but I live in UK so the Super Day will be done through phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Pitch me a stock   Answer Question
    • You study Chemistry at University, what has made you interested in Investment Banking?   Answer Question
    • What is the current economic climate in China   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about you that is not on your CV   Answer Question
    • What have you done to improve your knowledge of the financial sector? How has this benefitted you? What did you learn?   Answer Question